autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to rent a car

This will probably be an easy question to answer, and I am sure there will be no strong opinions either way.

I'll be flying into Miami and driving to Key West. Since my family will be on a separate flight (long story), I will be driving to Key West by myself (long story). I figured I rent a convertible. Now, Budget and Avis have the Mustang. Hertz has the Camaro.

Which should I get????

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need to rent a car

Either. just ENJOY

Post Thanks / Like

Flip a coin
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

What have not driven in?
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Either one is fine. They are both great cars.

Just beware the lines to rent a car at MIA are out of hand, so plan for that. Lol I was stuck behind a person that was complaining that he doesnt drive anything but white cars and enterprise did not have any. Took me 2 hours to get my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, if I had the chance to fly to Miami and go to the Keys, you could give me a lime green AMC Pacer to drive down there for all care.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin, did you check out Turo? They have an app and website. You can rent some pretty sweet cars, not sure if your on a budget or need the car for a while. Some cars in Miami...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Odds are you will end up with a Mustang, mainly because rental fleets bought these things up by the droves, even if you specified Camaro.

Hate to be the teller of bad tales, but; I travel 12 to 16 weeks a year, and never get what I put in for, even as a "Preferred" member. Last trip, I specified a "full size" on my reservation, paid the extra money and when I showed up there was a Hyundai Accent waiting for me. Even worse was the time I got a Ford C-Max! The woman told me If I wanted to upgrade from the Accent, (despite ordering a full sized vehicle) she had a 6 Cyl Chrysler 300, I was going to have to pay more money though, on top of the full-size rate I was being charged for the Accent. On the other hand, a colleague showed up on the next flight, he accepted the standard mid-size and got a brand new 7 passenger GMC Acadia.

Really depends on the mood of the person behind the counter, how over run they are with demand, and what they have left on the lot when you arrive... You're not reserving the car, you're reserving the "class and type" of car. They'll give it if they have it, if not they put you into whatever they have, and may not even be a convertible.

If you get a Camaro or Mustang, you'll be happy either way. Good luck and safe travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Did that once. Flew into FLL and drove to Key West. Rented a convertible (Sebring) as well. Half hour into the drive in July I was sweating my a** off and on my way to a nice sunburn. I pulled over and put the top up (which ate up most of the trunk space requiring us to cram all our luggahe into the back seat). It sounded like a great idea but in reality was a waste of money to pay extra for the convertible (at least for us).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Odds are you will end up with a Mustang, mainly because rental fleets bought these things up by the droves, even if you specified Camaro.

Hate to be the teller of bad tales, but; I travel 12 to 16 weeks a year, and never get what I put in for, even as a "Preferred" member. Last trip, I specified a "full size" on my reservation, paid the extra money and when I showed up there was a Hyundai Accent waiting for me. Even worse was the time I got a Ford C-Max! The woman told me If I wanted to upgrade from the Accent, (despite ordering a full sized vehicle) she had a 6 Cyl Chrysler 300, I was going to have to pay more money though, on top of the full-size rate I was being charged for the Accent. On the other hand, a colleague showed up on the next flight, he accepted the standard mid-size and got a brand new 7 passenger GMC Acadia.

Really depends on the mood of the person behind the counter, how over run they are with demand, and what they have left on the lot when you arrive... You're not reserving the car, you're reserving the "class and type" of car. They'll give it if they have it, if not they put you into whatever they have, and may not even be a convertible.

If you get a Camaro or Mustang, you'll be happy either way. Good luck and safe travels.
    Sounds like a change in rental companies might be in yer future. I was a National Emerald member, go on to the lot and pick anything they have under the emerald roof. LAX, MIA, ATL no problems for 2.5 years
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast