autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

So its been a really crappy year for me....so I am pondering treating myself to a new car at the end of the year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my existing 2013 Honda Accord Coupe. And if Honda continued to make a coupe for 2018, there would be no decision. But they are leaving someone like me behind. Im single with no kids, and I just dont want or need a 4 door car (or an SUV or truck or crossover). I have always been partial to Honda's and Acura's as I know they are well built reliable vehicles. With that said, the new 2018 Mustang looks REALLY enticing. They have added some nice premium features (10 speed auto, digital instruments, magneride shocks etc) for 2018. And the Ecoboost seems to make a very strong performance / economy argument despite the fact it sounds like nothing. I cant think of another coupe (besides the Camaro) on the market that comes close to performance, and luxury features for anywhere close to the price of a Mustang. While I love the Camaro exterior styling, its just to darn small on the inside. The Mustang actually has comparable front seat and trunk space to the current Accord coupe, its only in the rear that the space suffers (and I dont sit in the rear seat of my own car, ever!). My concern though is the reliability of Ford's. They are not great. Im sure I would like having a Mustang, but would I like owning one? And not interested in the GT, to get it nicely equipped it goes beyond my price range. Any thoughts from current Mustang owners?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

Going to argue that the mustangs are just as reliable as alot of the other coupes on the market. The ecoboost engines are very well designed and made according to techs ive talked to. I dont think you are able to get magneride in a 4 cyl mustang though.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Not biased or anything... I have to say I love my EB Premium w/ Pony Package. Fun car to drive... I don't think you'll go wrong. You can always rent one for a day or two and see how you like it. Do your homework, you should be able to get a good deal off the MSRP. Also, you don't have snow to contend with.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Stang! I have had it for 6 years now and not a single problem (knock on wood) My ride is the S197 model. The S550 is the new Mustang. I would not hesitate to get a new Mustang. That being said, I will not part ways with my Mustang (yet) as I have done some minor modifications to it: CAI, Axle Back exhaust, Barton Short throw Shifter...etc. Keep in mind, when you do get a Mustang; it is one of the most modifiable cars out there.

Not to say that the Camaro isn't a great ride or easily modifiable (if it wasn't for the Camaro both cars would not be as great as they are now), but the Mustang has a huge modification following. Not to say that you are going to modify your ride, however, it IMO is the best looking ride for Detroit Muscle. The updated 2018 model is even more enticing!

Get one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?-souveran-1-jpg  
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    Going to argue that the mustangs are just as reliable as alot of the other coupes on the market. The ecoboost engines are very well designed and made according to techs ive talked to. I dont think you are able to get magneride in a 4 cyl mustang though.
    Standalone option for 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly aside from the transmission issues on my focus which were well documented for that model transmission I had no reliability issues w my focus for the almost 4 years I had it. Traded it in in May for a 2.0 escape. The ecoboost engine is a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Mopar guy, but I have to say the new Mustangs are beautiful cars.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, those new Mustangs are pretty sexy!

I can't believe Honda/Acura doesn't have a bigger coupe. Well, except for the not so affordable NSX.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it !!!

Post Thanks / Like

They up'ed the HP and tweaked the front end a bit. GO FOR IT!! SWEET CARS!!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast