autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

I just have to say that while the Mustang is a nice looking car, i find it to be uncomfortable. Im a big guy, 6'2" 340lbs, so this is not the case for all im assuming. The only other issue for me is that ur talking about getting the ecoboost. IMO it is completely ridiculous to buy a "muscle" car with anything less than a V8 and anything under 400hp.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcate View Post
    I see you're in Miami so I won't bother making the point that Mustangs suck in snow!
    Whats snow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kinalyx View Post
    I just have to say that while the Mustang is a nice looking car, i find it to be uncomfortable. Im a big guy, 6'2" 340lbs, so this is not the case for all im assuming. The only other issue for me is that ur talking about getting the ecoboost. IMO it is completely ridiculous to buy a "muscle" car with anything less than a V8 and anything under 400hp.

Shawn
    Im relatively small, 5'7" 145lbs so I fit in anything.

Consider though the last gen Mustang GT Prior to the introduction of the 5.0 motor only had 320hp? The ecoboost nearly matches that and beats that old 4.6 V8 in torque! And it destroys it with nothing more than a tune or a cold air intake (or both)!

With all the refinement that the Mustang has had over the years, I really dont think it deserves being called a muscle car anymore. All the engines have plenty of muscle, but this is hardly a wild pony anymore (although there sure are a lot of videos of Mustangs crashing leaving car shows, hmm).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    (although there sure are a lot of videos of Mustangs crashing leaving car shows, hmm).
    Almost as many as vettes.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

I think they should have had the twin turbo v6 as found in the raptor and drop the V8. I predict that will happen at some point. The V8 within 5 years will only be found at the drag strip
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I think they should have had the twin turbo v6 as found in the raptor and drop the V8. I predict that will happen at some point. The V8 within 5 years will only be found at the drag strip
    I hear what your saying but no need to rush things ================
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

Shawn

355 ft/lbs of torque....stock (1987)

I'm not calling you out inparticular so don't take offense to this but I've been hearing this "has to be V8 to be a muscle car" thing since I had my 87' GN back in the mid 1990's. On a tired, 120K original car, with bolt-ons and having a TIRED 200R4 trans and wiped out valve springs, my car ran a best of 12.6 @109 mph w/ 1.91 60 ft times. Now in stock trim these cars ran mid 14's @96 mph, not too bad even in todays time.

Fast forward to the Ecoboost Mustang and without looking it up, I'm sure the numbers are comparable stock, lightly modded and turbo/inj swapped like mine was. All this said, I do know the majority of "muscle cars" has V8's, small block and big blocks but if we want the breed to continue let's embrace it or you'll have to deal with getting paper cuts thumbing through coffee table books in 20 years reading about the "good ol' days 2.0", something to think about.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Shawn
    The Ecoboost is relatively easy to mod well over 400HP. My 2.3 RS dynos at 397HP at the wheels and probably close to 440HP at the crank. I didn't go radical on the mods because of warranty concerns. There are plenty of Ecoboost Mustangs out there that will beat the V8s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    The Ecoboost is relatively easy to mod well over 400HP. My 2.3 RS dynos at 397HP at the wheels and probably close to 440HP at the crank. I didn't go radical on the mods because of warranty concerns. There are plenty of Ecoboost Mustangs out there that will beat the V8s.
    Don't forget our good fried Dave Pericak (https://www.google.com/amp/amp.autow...cing-boss-ford)

chief engineer of the s550 and now Vp of Ford Racing/ Performance developed a hp tune which doesn't void the warranty.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4

What is not to love? 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting debate over muscle cars. Being a 4 time Mustang owner, I never thought of them as muscle cars, rather "pony cars".

I always considered muscle cars to be 64-69 GTO's, Road Runners, Chevelle's, Cuda's... or the coveted 68 Gran Torino GT500.

Either way, I have best of both worlds... an 05 GT Ragtop with the 4.6 V8, BORLA ATAk cat-back exhaust, Air-Raid CAI and Hust Short throw shifter.

On the other hand I have the 16 EB Premium w/ Pony Pack.

I love them both! I was so impressed with the EB I had to have one.... A 2 hr ride from Chandler to Flagstaff is a pice of cake for this boosted Stang.

I also just rented a GT In UT, and I have to say... the EB holds its own. Factor in all the creature comforts, cooled/heated seats, SYNC 3... what is not to love?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast