autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Mustang - Next New Car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    So its been a really crappy year for me....so I am pondering treating myself to a new car at the end of the year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my existing 2013 Honda Accord Coupe. And if Honda continued to make a coupe for 2018, there would be no decision. But they are leaving someone like me behind. Im single with no kids, and I just dont want or need a 4 door car (or an SUV or truck or crossover). I have always been partial to Honda's and Acura's as I know they are well built reliable vehicles. With that said, the new 2018 Mustang looks REALLY enticing. They have added some nice premium features (10 speed auto, digital instruments, magneride shocks etc) for 2018. And the Ecoboost seems to make a very strong performance / economy argument despite the fact it sounds like nothing. I cant think of another coupe (besides the Camaro) on the market that comes close to performance, and luxury features for anywhere close to the price of a Mustang. While I love the Camaro exterior styling, its just to darn small on the inside. The Mustang actually has comparable front seat and trunk space to the current Accord coupe, its only in the rear that the space suffers (and I dont sit in the rear seat of my own car, ever!). My concern though is the reliability of Ford's. They are not great. Im sure I would like having a Mustang, but would I like owning one? And not interested in the GT, to get it nicely equipped it goes beyond my price range. Any thoughts from current Mustang owners?

Thanks!
    Try to buy used those muscle cars tank bigtime the first year.Gt automatic sounds nice.I personally have a thing with people buying muscle cars with small engines like a 6 cylinder camaro.Don't take it personally but its the only way to explain.Eco boost is nice my client has a f150.With a few moods probably would smoke the Gt and camaro.I just like v8 in muscle cars.Ecoboost with options can run big$$$.You only live once so do what you want.Probably not good advice on the forum,its like taking 10 people to look at houses.Get what you want as far as quality just take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

First time I'll ever disagree with Jeff (GSKR) whose opinion I always follow.

Being both a GT owner and an EB owner, the EB is super fun to drive. It can cruise! 310 HP 320 ft lb tq.

And our good friends at Ford Racing has a factory tune that will increase hp by 100 and not void the warranty.

I got mine $7500 off MSRP. Do your homework, call your bank and get pre-approved. If you find one (on-line) get the VIN and your bank should be able to tell you what the dealer is into the car for.

You'll find that the cost of new maybe cheaper than used. Also, if you go with the GT, 2018 numbers are 464 HP!!!

Problem with used is, unlike a used sedan, one would have to expect a used Mustang has been hammered on to some extent. Believe me, I've had my share of share of Stang's (4).

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post, Paul. And 310 hp is nothing to sneeze at.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Who wouldn't want a Pony
    in a chrome corral?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Bob bought that first one on his 41st birthday.

Brand new.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Bob bought that first one
    on his 41st birthday.

Brand new.
    I was a lot "new-er" back then,
    than I am now...that's for sure!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    So its been a really crappy year for me....so I am pondering treating myself to a new car at the end of the year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my existing 2013 Honda Accord Coupe. And if Honda continued to make a coupe for 2018, there would be no decision. But they are leaving someone like me behind. Im single with no kids, and I just dont want or need a 4 door car (or an SUV or truck or crossover). I have always been partial to Honda's and Acura's as I know they are well built reliable vehicles. With that said, the new 2018 Mustang looks REALLY enticing. They have added some nice premium features (10 speed auto, digital instruments, magneride shocks etc) for 2018. And the Ecoboost seems to make a very strong performance / economy argument despite the fact it sounds like nothing. I cant think of another coupe (besides the Camaro) on the market that comes close to performance, and luxury features for anywhere close to the price of a Mustang. While I love the Camaro exterior styling, its just to darn small on the inside. The Mustang actually has comparable front seat and trunk space to the current Accord coupe, its only in the rear that the space suffers (and I dont sit in the rear seat of my own car, ever!). My concern though is the reliability of Ford's. They are not great. Im sure I would like having a Mustang, but would I like owning one? And not interested in the GT, to get it nicely equipped it goes beyond my price range. Any thoughts from current Mustang owners?

Thanks!
    I have an RS modded to almost 400HP at the wheels. That's probably 440 at the crank from 2.3 liters. The Mustang is pretty stout and there are a lot of mods you can do to it. I can beat my friend's M3 after the mods now. 0-60 in 3.8 with manual shift, albeit just one flatfoot shift. Ecoboost technology is modern and strong. Don't worry about the quality. That car is bought for the performance and if you're a detailer you will probably be inclined to keep it pristine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

All Yeahs, no nays. I think a Mustang with the Ecoboost makes a strong case against the European and Japanese luxury couples that cost $10k+ or more to get equally equipped. Ill either keep my Accord or buy a Mustang. I will order it if I cant find one exactly the way I want it. No sacrifices. And I only want new.

The Magneride suspension is a stand alone option but only available with the Ecoboost Performance package according to Ford's website. Ironically, GM developed the Magnetic Shock system (well their subsidiary Delphi) but its since been purchased by a Chinese company (thanks wikipedia).

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to chime in about the S550 Ecoboost Mustang. I raced one and It beat the crap out of me TWICE! The 3rd race I BARELY edged him out. The 1st race I thought I was going to smoke him. We both had 6-Speed manuals.

I was cocky the 1st race and he just BLEW me away! I was stunned! 2nd Race: Beat me again! Why? I forgot to turn off traction control. The computer nannies hindered my power. 3rd Race: With everything in place, my race mode on and his too; I won! But only by 1 car length!

After all said and done we pulled over and chatted. He modified his Ecoboost and that is why it was so fast. BTW, I would have lost too if I did not know how to shift the manual correctly. However, I have been shifting with the manual transmission since I was 16. I know about heel and toe, double clutch shifting and speed shifting. I WILL NEVER speed shift. This kid (maybe 17 or 18) knew how to shift pretty good too. Either way it was lots of fun and I was very humbilized.

My point being the new 2018 Mustang Ecoboost will have 350 HP and that is nothing to sneeze about. Additionally, the new 10 Speed Auto has a drag mode capability (I believe) and that would make it even faster. I would jump all over that Ecoboost Mustang!

And to any of the SPEED POLICE nannies reading this post....we raced on a NHRA approved Drag Strip in Mexico. LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel like the 2018 is enough of an improvement over the 15-17's. I would wait until they drop and buy a new 17 for much cheaper. Also, get the V8, you won't regret i....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast