autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BUSTED!!! .... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    I was married once, not knocking marriage it is not for me. I've been with my girlfriend for 12 years, living together 11 years, so I got some time in. We own a home together now for 8 years. Get along better than most couples I know, life is great!. Like others have mentioned as well, we keep our money separate, hell I can honestly say I don't know how much she makes a year, and she can say the same about me. All we care about is that the bills get paid, we 50/50 all the household bills. After that we don't care what the other does with there money. Also have never had an issue or argument about money, and no trust issues.
    My GF and I have been together nine years, both previously married and handle things the same way. Works out great.

Post Thanks / Like

I first read this thread and had to get up and walk away from my desk.....

You and your wife have your own thing going, and I can't knock it.

I will say this... I went away for the weekend to visit my mother. I got a text from my husband Saturday night saying he just bought an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider. He then said when I got home Sunday evening he needed me to go to the dealership and help him pick up his other car that he had left there. As a "thank you" for helping him pick up his other car he was taking us out to dinner that night.

My response?????
    "Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see it!" And "oh crap it's black" LOL

THIS, my friends, is how you marriage
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Does she buy shoes,purses & clothes without asking or telling you?

Post Thanks / Like

wow just read this whole thread. Yeah if your wife was my wife she would have divorced me a day after we got married. No questions on what I spend my money and same goes to her. As long as were not in serious debt and all the bills are paid were good. Once in the last 2 years i messed up our finances and accidentally scheduled all our payments on the same day. Which include cars household bills etc. When we came home i checked my account and it was pretty low. 10 secs later the number increased on how much was in my account. Saw the history wife had wired funds from her account. When she came home I was a little scared but she just walked in kissed me and we went to the movies her treat.

Post Thanks / Like

Separate accounts eliminated 90% of our arguments. I pay all the bills, she covers groceries when she is working. I buy what I want and don't justify anything. She does tease me at times about over analyzing and researching before buying. Never lie about anything. It takes years to earn that trust back, I have seen many couples go through it. I've been married 37 years. I can't comment on your situation as I only have your perspective. Best of luck to you though. Detail her car and buy her something shiny, that usually helps grease the negotiations... :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To the people that are saying negative things, Everybody has a situation that we are unsure of, There is a great chance that there is a tight budget for this month. Maybe a new car purchase? or purchase of a new home. At the end of the day I am more than sure that his wife wants him to be happy with the things he wants. a Budget is just that she just might be enforcing the budget so they can accomplish future goals.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm personally going to leave this alone because after 8 years, you guys and gals would probably tell me to leave now, like right now. The OP is worried about $70... I get questioned about $5. Ahhh I waited a year and a half, if not two for 4 sets of new tires. One way I got em, I sold one of my big boy toys, gave half to the other me. So.... yeeeaaaahhh!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    To the people that are saying negative things, Everybody has a situation that we are unsure of, There is a great chance that there is a tight budget for this month. Maybe a new car purchase? or purchase of a new home. At the end of the day I am more than sure that his wife wants him to be happy with the things he wants. a Budget is just that she just might be enforcing the budget so they can accomplish future goals.
    The thing is Joe, and don't take this the wrong way, but if you air your laundry on a public forum expect to get feedback, either way.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    The thing is Joe, and don't take this the wrong way, but if you air your laundry on a public forum expect to get feedback, either way.
    *I* DID start this thread, so I deserve what I get. Good OR bad.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    *I* DID start this thread, so I deserve what I get. Good OR bad.
    And my offer to take you out to my favorite grill in Tampa stands brother. If you're ever down here drop me a pm ahead of time, it's an open invite
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast