autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BUSTED!!! .... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Sounds to me like you have bigger issues than $100 when you have to hide from your wife ordering detailing supplies or mods for your car and have to ask her first. Sorry, but I'm just saying it like it is. My wife never questions how I spend the money I earn. We also have had separate checking accounts since day one of our "26" year marriage. When I bought my GC I was like, honey I'm buying a third car will you drive me to the dealership to pick it up. Oh and buy the way, check out these new wheels and how awesome is this new custom exhaust I just bought LOL. She never said how much or why didn't you ask me or where did you get the money.

I'm sorry you have to go through that and make up stories to justify your hobbies. Makes me realize how good I have it, I'm going to go hug my wife and tell her how much I love her and how great she is. I just know I could never live that way.
    On the flip side, if I kept my money separate I'd feel like I have a roommate, not a wife. Why keep it separate anyway, it's all communal. Our paychecks go into the same account, sounds like one of you has money trust issues. Sorry, I'm just saying it like it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry buddy, I can't imagine what you're going through

(Sees this right after doing a $250 interior detail and buying a $100 Swissvax)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Mr. Slick, Palm Springs' Mobile Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Why lie about it, don't understand that. Be a man and tell her the truth...she deserves that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickZ28 View Post
    Why lie about it, don't understand that. Be a man and tell her the truth...she deserves that.

Well, I did just that and told her the WHOLE truth when she told me to go ahead and explain ...

She didn't yell, said she wasn't angry or mad and spoke in a normal "tone of voice." She wasn't pissed or mad about how I got the money or how I intended to pay the neighbor back.

She was "upset" that I "lied" to her and kept secrets ... lies of omission, which (in her words) is almost as bad as straight up lying.

I can't seem to win.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Don you should try and pick up this book, it could save your life one day.

And a quick reference guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I recently bought a cold air intake for my car, but unfortunately it was for a 2010, not a 2013 (the MAF sensor fitting is different). I picked it up for $100 used (price new is $310.00). I didn't have the cash, so my neighbor slipped me the money and said keep it between us, just pay me back.

I ended up selling the intake on a Camaro forum & the buyer sent the money through PayPal. Cool, now I can order what I need for all the details I have coming up. The neighbor is OK with waiting for me to get paid from the details to get his money back OR have me detail his truck instead when we both have time.

The issue is, the wife knows I wanted the intake (if she remembers about it, I can't say), but we didn't have the extra money at the time for me to get it, so I told her it had been sold (the honest truth). Well, I ordered the detailing supplies from AG and it was delivered today while I was at work (I didn't realize I could have had it shipped to a different address and she would have been none the wiser).

So I get this phone call:

Her: "Did you order something?!"
    Me: "Yes"
    Her: "How much did it cost?!"
    Me: "About $70"
    Her: "Did you ever consider ASKING ME FIRST!"
    Me: "It didn't come out of our checking account"
    Her: "Where did it come from then!"
    Me: "I'll explain when I get home, the boss is calling me ... "

Enter panic mode. I have to come up with a good story to keep me out of trouble, remember she knows NOTHING about me buying & selling the intake.

THEN IT HITS ME ... I WAS PRE-PAID!!!!

I'm going to tell her the guy I am doing the details for pre-paid me $80 so I could buy what I needed to get to detail his cars and he sent it to me through PayPal so I could order the stuff off-line.

I WAS smart enough to call the guy and give him a heads-up in case SOMEHOW she gets his number, sees him on Face Book or calls work to talk to him.

Now all I have to do is be convincing and keep a straight face and MAYBE she'll buy it and it isn't the doghouse for me.

Wish me luck ....
    What's the big deal.your not buying drugs.Always be upfront with the best friend in your life.Seems to me she doesn't trust you.Hope this goes smoothly for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    On the flip side, if I kept my money separate I'd feel like I have a roommate, not a wife. Why keep it separate anyway, it's all communal. Our paychecks go into the same account, sounds like one of you has money trust issues. Sorry, I'm just saying it like it is.
    To each their own, it's worked fine for us for 26 years and we've never had an issue or an arguement about money. And as far as your comment about money trust issues, you have no idea what your talking about. Sorry, I'm just saying it like it is.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I was married once, not knocking marriage it is not for me. I've been with my girlfriend for 12 years, living together 11 years, so I got some time in. We own a home together now for 8 years. Get along better than most couples I know, life is great!. Like others have mentioned as well, we keep our money separate, hell I can honestly say I don't know how much she makes a year, and she can say the same about me. All we care about is that the bills get paid, we 50/50 all the household bills. After that we don't care what the other does with there money. Also have never had an issue or argument about money, and no trust issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Like others have mentioned as well, we keep our money separate, hell I can honestly say I don't know how much she makes a year, and she can say the same about me. All we care about is that the bills get paid, we 50/50 all the household bills. After that we don't care what the other does with there money. Also have never had an issue or argument about money, and no trust issues.
    I am the sole source of income for the family and she does the bills.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Busted...
    Sometimes heavy-handed measures
    must be taken:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast