autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been struggling guys

Jeremy:

I too am a Nam combat vet, 2 years. Anniversaries of a death are tough. You know there are therapists and other vets at your local VA offices who can help and support you through these times. There is also a 24 hour national phone line you can call (800-273-8255, Press 1). Vet organizations local to you are available too such as the VFW, American Legion, Disabled American Vets, Purple Heart groups, and nonprofit groups for families of deceased vets. There are also Veterans Service Officers connected to county governments who are a good resource. Don't hesitate to reach out, you don't have to be alone in this turmoil. Do it for your own well being and for your family.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy-- I'll never say I know how someone feels and offer comfort from that perspective. But I do know you're not alone in your suffering. We just lost my 95 year old grandma a few weeks ago. She grew up in poverty in Italy, was forced to manual labor at a very young age by an alcoholic father, and a majority of her "growing up" years were consumed by WW2. She saw and experienced the unimaginable. And that pain was alive and present when she passed on Feb. 18, 2017. In between, the happiness and comfort she brought to others in her long life was immeasurable, although she could be very hard on the people she loved most. I won't beat around the bush and say "time heals all". It doesn't always. But we learn to live with the tough stuff. That process is hard. Real hard. The process is as individual and unique as each one of us. And you're doing it right. Hug your family, share with your family, and let them guide you. You're in this together. This I do know-- your perspective will change. And you will, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy,

Please accept the following as my
    prayer...that you continue along
    the Godly-path of Faith and Hope.

Yes, it is sometimes an arduous
    journey; but, I bring you glad
    tidings of Great Joy, as follows:

I've read the last page of the Bible;
    and, for those that truly believe:
    It's all going to turn out alright.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy,

You are a brave man to share this story with us. You like your dad are a hero, your dad made the choice to defend this country and our freedom. Something that many people understand is it is not only hard for the members that serve but the families of those that serve. They go through so much living with the pain of loosing someone not always how you have lost but the person they once loved does that always come back from war. The family has to live with that new person who's different and changed.

I don't tell people this but I am also a veteran, I've served 5 overseas tours, I don't normally disclose this because I was fortunate enough to come back to my family and for the most part am still the same person that left when I came back. I still have issues but they are nothing compared to so many of our veterans and my brothers and sister in arms. I've lost to many brothers to suicide and everyday I am Thankful for what I have and that I was always able to come home.

Jeremy this forum is a more then just an advice site for tips and tricks, it is a family and a brotherhood. I come on hear everyday to not only learn and help, but also joke and bond with my fellow detailer and friends. So many members are more then just forum now.

If there is ever a time when you just need to talk to someone because things are just to hard you can always reach out tomorrow only myself but I know most anyone else In this forum will more then willing to lend a shoulder to lean on or a open ear to listen to you and help you through whatever it is you are going through.

Stay strong my friend and I thank you and your family for the sacrifices that all of you have made to ensure we love the lives we enjoy today and the freedoms we have.

I was once told by an E7 "only 2 people have ever given their life for you. God and the american solider"

semper fi and God bless

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ever feel sorry for reaching out. If this is the place you feel comfortable reaching out and venting, do it. We are here for you, and many of us will help in more ways than just listen if that's what is needed. Sometimes just someone to be there and listen is what is needed most.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy, it's been said earlier and the point is true, yes it's hard to come here and post this but NO, it's not too deep for the forum IMO.

When I lost my Dad over 10 years ago I was a regular on a different forum and posted about my Dads passing and it helped me out A lot because I was able to just put it out there and read what people had to say, it was a Godsend for me personally.

You are in everyones thoughts and prayers and like you said, you have your wife and kids and THAT is a blessing from God right there!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot imagine being in combat day after day. Veterans since the American Revolution to modern Afghanistan/Iraq have my respect. To repeatedly face death and the worst of humanity cannot leave you the same person you were prior to enter war.

I am sorry that you lost your dad. Sounds like he suffered deeply, as did you and your family. Your dad probably saw things that no person should ever see.

Vietnam Vets were treated so poorly by parts of society, it was unfair to come home to that. This certainly didn't help your dad. We all owe your father and all Veterans a debt of gratitude for their service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Jeremy,

You are a brave man to share this story with us. You like your dad are a hero, your dad made the choice to defend this country and our freedom. Something that many people understand is it is not only hard for the members that serve but the families of those that serve. They go through so much living with the pain of loosing someone not always how you have lost but the person they once loved does that always come back from war. The family has to live with that new person who's different and changed.

I don't tell people this but I am also a veteran, I've served 5 overseas tours, I don't normally disclose this because I was fortunate enough to come back to my family and for the most part am still the same person that left when I came back. I still have issues but they are nothing compared to so many of our veterans and my brothers and sister in arms. I've lost to many brothers to suicide and everyday I am Thankful for what I have and that I was always able to come home.

Jeremy this forum is a more then just an advice site for tips and tricks, it is a family and a brotherhood. I come on hear everyday to not only learn and help, but also joke and bond with my fellow detailer and friends. So many members are more then just forum now.

If there is ever a time when you just need to talk to someone because things are just to hard you can always reach out tomorrow only myself but I know most anyone else In this forum will more then willing to lend a shoulder to lean on or a open ear to listen to you and help you through whatever it is you are going through.

Stay strong my friend and I thank you and your family for the sacrifices that all of you have made to ensure we love the lives we enjoy today and the freedoms we have.

I was once told by an E7 "only 2 people have ever given their life for you. God and the american solider"

semper fi and God bless

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thank you for your 5 tours of service.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy,

This Forum is more than just a forum, we are family & we are here for you. Thank you for having the courage to share your story with us, & hey - its okay to not be okay. Both yourself & your Dad are heroes for sure, I may be on the other side of the world & not really affiliated with anyone in the services but we are on the same side, & as an alli I thank you Father & all the service Men & Women, & their families around the world for their sacrifice.

One day at a time Jeremy, your strength is in your family . . . all of us. Stand tall brother.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am overwhelmed this morning at the comments and support from all of you! Thank you so much!

A little history on my dads service. He fought in the bloodiest battle of Vietnam. It was 1968 Tet Offensive in Hue City. That battle went down in the history books and I read the book "The Battle Of Hue" that my father had given me years ago. His Company is mentioned numerous times in the book and pictures of him and other Grunts along with his Captain, Captain Christmas.

No matter how my dad was treating me I always had the utmost respect for him and the sacrifices he made for this great Nation. There were times he was not talking to me around Veterans Day and I would still always get him a card telling him how proud I was of him and that I loved him! Now every year I leave a card at his headstone in the cemetery.

Life seems to bring us all clarity. My dad suffered with an extreme case of PTSD. I now know a bit of how that is. I too have been diagnosed with and suffer from it daily due to childhood trauma, and also from doing unimaginable things out in the shed the day after my my dad shot himself in the head. I'd rather not get into it, but I am sure you all can imagine. I didn't want my mom seeing that.

About a year after his death, to survive, I felt I had to give back and help others. This was after 9 months of isolating myself from the outside world. Thank God I did not have kids at that time. Lowest point in my life and wouldnt have wanted them to see me like that. So I got involved in suicide prevention and mental illness awareness. I currently sit on the board for Prevent Suicide Manitowoc, and also was one of the founders of Stepping Stones Suicide Support Group. A group designed and started for the survivors that are left behind. I find comfort in helping others. It was my way of survival. I plan on continuing this journey until the day I no longer walk this earth.

I am good at giving advice and helping others with grief and dealing with suicide due to my own struggles and healing that I have made. I also am aware and am guilty of not following my own advice and the words and help I give to others. Something I need to work more on. As I always say, I am a work in progress. My family is my life! I am grateful everyday for them! Not sure I would still be around if they were not in my life.

Detailing has given me a sense of peace and relaxation. It too has also been a huge part of my healing. It is something I am so passionate about and relax and occupy my mind when I am working on a job. My garage/shop is set up so nice now it is enjoyable to go out there and relax and unwind.

I read every word of every post on here and noticed some of you have lost loved ones. Some very recent. You all have my sincerest heartfelt condolences. Life sure can be tough.

Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Thanks for reading!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast