autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSNAutoDetailing News

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    We will miss your knowledge and great posts, but I am very glad to hear that you are getting better and are also going to do the fun stuff in life.

Cheers to you, Paul. You are an awesome guy.
    Thanks Paul. I appreciate the friendship and support you've given over the years. Hopefully you'll make it out my way sometime... It's a nice place to visit during the North East Winter months!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Wish you the best Paul. You will be missed.

Will keep an eye out for the Mustang Show 'N Shine.

Thank you for being a valuable contributor.
    Thanks Mike... I'm so glad you made a come-back! I was missing your German Sports Car influence! Sorry we didn't hook up when I was traveling through St Louis. It was a long drive (2900 miles, the wife and the dog in a little Honda Fit...) Mike your input has been invaluable. I consider you one of the pillars of the community. Again, glad your back!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Hope you still comes in from time to time Paul. Sometimes lives gets you to a different path.

Hope the best for you and your wife and dogs!

/ Tony
    Tony from Sweden! Thanks for all the support! One day I'll make it over to your beautiful country. It's on my bucket list. Thanks for all your support and kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Best to you on your new journey in life
    Thank you. It's not really a new journey, just a focus on the one I've been on. For those that don't know, I'm a Solution Engineer for Hitachi Vantara. I have thousands of clients and many enterprise level solutions I must be an expert on. To be honest, I'm blessed for the position I have. But priorities come first, and taking care of my day job clients is "Job #1!" With the travel, late night web-ex sessions helping customers, my off time is now more than ever appreciated and I take advantage of living in AZ and all it has to show me.

I enjoy date-nights with my wife, walking my greyhounds, hiking, road cycling, and of course going on trips in my Mustang(s). Detailing has taken a back seat as unless I land a gig doing sporadic work for select clients on their 57 Chevy's or classic Mustangs, my interest has fallen to zero on the typical Daily Driver. It's better to go out on a high, than to fade away. Think, Neil Peart of Rush! Also, spending 8-16 hours in a garage at 109 degrees wasn't doing any wonders for this 49 year old!

I guess you could say it's not a new journey, just focusing on the one I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    Hey Paul- glad I got to meet you. thanks for the product samples and advice over the years. Hope you enjoy your life as fully as possible, even if your ride gets a bit dirty! take care,
    Thanks Ted! Let me know if you've got any cool projects and need a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    wish you and the family, best of luck in any and all future endeavors...
    Thanks Visitor... We'll be taking in the sights in our new GT/CA Special!

Post Thanks / Like

All the best to you and your family, Paul!

3. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish you continued success, my friend! We have all benefitted greatly from your presence here, Paul, and I hope you will continue that, time permitting of course.

As a fellow former New Englander I can relate to the dramatic climate change. I would trade trashing the snow gear over an occassional sinus headache any day.

Enjoy your continued journey, Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

So update/the good news is (and hoping I'm not jinxing myself); one of the therapies I'm doing is working, paying huge dividends and I'm already starting to feel better, but it's a reminder, for me, long hours of physical work is behind me now...

6. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I PROTEST!!!

Awh geeze, I’m happy for you Paul. After We lost our beautiful Daughter & I had my heart attack I vowed to slow down a bit, & enjoy the things that REALLY matter & give up chasing that dollar, because money wouldn’t have changed any of it. The intention is there, the execution is lacking but a work in progress - good for you for doing it Paul, whether that be voluntary or not. Proud.

Do the things you love with the people you love, we don’t get to do some things again.

Paul, I hope you will still check in here once & a while as you are a valued member of the family. Enjoy that sweet looking ride, inhale every step of those hikes & get those cranks spinning on that bike buddy! All the best -

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Paul..life is too short not to enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Wow, thats crazy Paul! I can't imagine what that must feel like. Is it an altitude thing or just a massive difference in climate? I remember when we came over for Mikes class in Jan 2015, & walking out of the airport in Fort Lauderdale just after midnight & it felt like walking into a warm bath! Mid summer in Jan down here in NZ & average temp is 26-32 degrees celsius, then supposedly winter in Florida & at midnight it was 26 degrees celsius???

Yay for people being nice & having a slower pace. Sounds like a great move you guys have made. You're welcome at ours anytime if you make it this far South Paul.

Aaryn NZ.
    Hey Aaryn, no it's actually a dry heat. We don't run more than 5-15 % humidity so 90-109 usually doesn't feel bad in the shade, unless you're in direct sun-light, But with that, the heat is dangerous because it can catch you when you're not looking. Florida is just pure humidity... sometimes near 100%.

Like Tony in Sweden, I hope to make it to NZ and Aus in my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    So a quick update to this thread. I've had a bit of a health set-back a few months ago, which means; "a set-back is a set-up for a come-back!"
    Nothing serious, we'll live... What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
    Asking my peeps for some prayers and thoughts, On 6/26 I have to go in for surgery, and will have a few months of rehab after. I'll certainly update what's going on after the surgery is done... Like I said, a set-back is a setup for a come-back.

After doc fixes me up, I see picking up the polishers in my future again....

Thanks again..

12. Likes VISITOR, mc2hill, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking my peeps for some prayers and thoughts, On 6/26 I have to go in for surgery, and will have a few months of rehab after. I'll certainly update what's going on after the surgery is done... Like I said, a set-back is a setup for a come-back.

Thanks again..
    hope all goes well and you'll be back in action in no time!

14. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again..
    We are rooting for you, Pauly!

Speedy recovery, my friend.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast