autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone here had a total hip replacement? Looking for info

My uncle and next door neighbor had it done. Think with In 3 months they were back To almost normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I have been laying low, waiting to jump through all the hoops. Pre op appt. is Thursday, and surgery is the 28th. The surgeon is going through the front, which is supposed to reduce trauma, downtime, etc. Doc says I should be able to get back to work in 3-4 months (can't be soon enough. I am self employed, and have been unable to work since October). Also said except for running and jumping, I should be able to do everything I did before the top of my femur started crumbling.

Scared of all things medical, but so tired of being sidelined from pain, that I'm ready to just get it done.
    Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailDrivenEugene View Post
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. I have been laying low, waiting to jump through all the hoops. Pre op appt. is Thursday, and surgery is the 28th. The surgeon is going through the front, which is supposed to reduce trauma, downtime, etc. Doc says I should be able to get back to work in 3-4 months (can't be soon enough. I am self employed, and have been unable to work since October). Also said except for running and jumping, I should be able to do everything I did before the top of my femur started crumbling.

Scared of all things medical, but so tired of being sidelined from pain, that I'm ready to just get it done.
    Wish me luck!
    I have no experience with that level, but have had physical therapy for deep tissue damage resulting from a motocross crash. Was off for 3 months for recovery, and that is a real challenge because I could not do anything except therapy, and take pain meds. Pain meds was the worst part, because they zapped my energy, but I couldn't do much anyway. In hindsight I would have done some product testing, and reviews to keep occupied. My injury was sudden. Since you have time I would focus on things to occupy your time during the recovery, books, education, write some how to's for some forums etc.

Truely wish you the best and speedy recovery.

Totally get the scared of things medical. I waited 5 days after my crash to finally get drug in by a family member. By that time my arm was double normal size, and my shoulder, back, and chest was purple, black, and very swollen. Here I was sitting at home with the hope that it would somehow get better..... LOL, I did't move my arm for the first month. Later after a good therapist and a few months of daily thearpy, everything returned to 100%

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has had. As others have said it's the therapy and assigned exercises. They had her up next day after surgery w/walker and phys. therapy. The doctor had a schedule of exercises for her each day. To increase strength. She also notice that her back pain went away. Follow surgeons instruction and keep up with exercises.
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities

Post Thanks / Like

I had my hip replaced in 2004 at 47 the pain in my hip is gone and the mechanic of it works great
    But something went very wrong for me they must have cut a nerve and all of the pain went to my foot.
    Bite the pillow punch the wall pain for a year and then slight reduction in pain through out as. Time goes by
    Perks set oxy cotton really doesn't toutch nerve pain. their is a whole lot more I could tell you. So my story
    Is not to common my brother in law had 2 hips replace and is back to better than normal good luck with yours.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been about 4.5 weeks since the surgery. It went well according to the doc, although he did say it was worse than they thought once they got in there.

Been doing exercises and getting around with a walker since the day after surgery, until this week when I started physical therapy. Exercises are more difficult, but they put me on crutches, so there is progress.

The plan is to get the muscles and tendons strong again while weaning me down to one crutch, then a cane. I have cut back on the pills considerably, in the hope I can stay off them during the day and start driving this week.

So there's the update. I am hopeful I can get back to normal in a month or two. I have no pain in the joint, just everywhere around it. But that is improving slowly.

Thanks for all the info and well wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

best for speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the "Hippy" club
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12