autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rinseless production washing

Quote Originally Posted by OTSDetail View Post
    You gotta sell yourself. Yeah, doing a waterless or rinseless wash is an "easier" method for us pro's to bring costs down, but even then is it really worth competing with them? Honestly, 99% of the people who are paying $10 for a wash, don't really care about the true look of their vehicle. They see no dirt and some shine and they're okay with that. Not really worth it to invest time and money into competing with companies catering to those people. REALLY hard to convince those people to spend hundreds of dollars on making their car look better when the next time Jonny Wash n Wax swings through the parking lot again he's gonna mess up your hard work. Especially when you're trying to market to more high-end people. Do you wanna work for free? I personally wouldn't touch a car for $10. Not worth my time or gas or money. I don't market to those people and I dont feel you should either. You have a business to run... insurance, bills, etc... are you REALLY making money at $10/wash? I have a hard enough time justifying $25 for an ECO wash for my time.

Also, I doubt many of the $10/wash people are really legit or will even be in business for the long term. Most of them are the fly by night type and will be gone before you know it. Yeah, there will always be someone else trying to make a quick buck, but realistically those aren't the type of people you wanna compete with. Don't devalue yourself or your work to "make" $10. Do you wanna do a lot of work for no money? That's what it seems you'd be doing honestly. Just my opinion.
    Don't want to add any more sadness to this thread, but in the Philippines, I saw a regular car wash (with interior wipe down and vacuum) cost 100 local currency (~$2) for a medium sized car.
    Last edited by AKT; 07-12-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

I havnt come across a better method to wash/clay/wax that what Yvaan mentions and teaches as part of the optimization training.

ONR wash, clay with OCW and dry. Fast and efficient.

Buffing the paint?

Hyper compound, dont wipe it off and go right to hyper polish. Wash pads with onr in pad washer. 2 pads does a whole car. One for compound and one for polish, usually.

Optimum doesnt get the flavor of the month much anymore, but its synergy cant be matched.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OTSDetail View Post
    You gotta sell yourself. Yeah, doing a waterless or rinseless wash is an "easier" method for us pro's to bring costs down, but even then is it really worth competing with them? Honestly, 99% of the people who are paying $10 for a wash, don't really care about the true look of their vehicle. They see no dirt and some shine and they're okay with that. Not really worth it to invest time and money into competing with companies catering to those people. REALLY hard to convince those people to spend hundreds of dollars on making their car look better when the next time Jonny Wash n Wax swings through the parking lot again he's gonna mess up your hard work. Especially when you're trying to market to more high-end people. Do you wanna work for free? I personally wouldn't touch a car for $10. Not worth my time or gas or money. I don't market to those people and I dont feel you should either. You have a business to run... insurance, bills, etc... are you REALLY making money at $10/wash? I have a hard enough time justifying $25 for an ECO wash for my time.

Also, I doubt many of the $10/wash people are really legit or will even be in business for the long term. Most of them are the fly by night type and will be gone before you know it. Yeah, there will always be someone else trying to make a quick buck, but realistically those aren't the type of people you wanna compete with. Don't devalue yourself or your work to "make" $10. Do you wanna do a lot of work for no money? That's what it seems you'd be doing honestly. Just my opinion.

please do not take offense to any of this

this is how I see it, I would not touch anything for $10 a car, I am very passionate about detailing and take lots of pride in it but because of that I price my time accordingly. for me a wash is no less then $65 and yes there are plenty of $10-20 dollar washes but I let them fight for the scraps because those are the people who just want clean paint and a smells good interior. I don't want those people, I want people who will admire and appreciate my work just as much as I do. now ive been where you are and could not figure out a way to get customers to come to me over them until I really took the time to sit back and look at myself in the mirror and while I was telling myself it was not about the money but the passion I was wrong, because fighting over peanuts was for the money. I actually raised my prices pretty dramatically and I did loose quiet a few clients because of it but in the end it worked out for the better, I only get the clients that I have been wanting to target and it does trickle down to the lower price customers as well and they come buy for a once off here and there. so I would stick to what you know you are worth, as far as products, talent, and time is worth and market yourself as such.

4. Likes 215Detailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure of any run off regulations.
    just consider all the toxins for ice and snow removal chemicals they use from the city streets department in the winter

Post Thanks / Like

Its about 12 bucks for me to do the touchless drive through, who's gonna goto someone's house for 10 bucks? I wouldnt check the tire pressure for 10 bucks...

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to make money off the $15 wash crowd, you only need this one simple tool

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would change my target clientele. Possibly promote your business as Green and ECo friendly. Use waterless washes and or rinseless touting no excess water, less impact to the environment etc. sometimes you gotta reinvent yourself and or business. Maybe no one cares in that area but I would bet there are plenty of people that do and may bite on the idea. Usually for stuff like that you can charge a premium too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize how cut throats this business is. I would never wash a car for just 10 bucks. Detailing is hard work, even if it's just a wash n wax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12