autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Grand Tour

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Tour

Anyone watching?
    I just saw the first episode the other night. So far I'm intrigued. Looking at what will happen through the series it has a lot of potential. I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Grand Tour

I like it, I think it will be better since they will have less restrictions since they BBC is not controlling it. I think that's what makes most amazon and Netflix shows better is that they have more creative freedom then they would with a network owner. I wish I knew that they filmed it so close to me, I would have driven over.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried finding the first episode on a bootleg streaming site because I don't like giving my money to Amazon and I had three or four links fail miserably. I think I saw about half of it and so far it's fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

kodi, that's where I watch everything

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge fan of Top Gear and have high hopes for the show. I liked the first episode but thought the second was one was terrible. The celebrity bit wasn't that funny in the first episode and they continued it in second. But my biggest issue was the main film of the show. Kind of boring as was the car. I do like their new driver "The American", his commentary during the laps is hilarious.

I hope they bring back the cheap car challenges. Those were always great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched both episodes and like them. Some of the studio bits in episode one seemed very forced and contrived which made them painful to get through. However, the rest of the film was classic ex-Top Gear Crew magic. While episode two was way off their normal content, Jeremy warned audiences there would be a couple of episodes which would be like that. I still found it pretty funny and enjoyed watching. The episode two studio segments seemed to be a huge improvement over episode one and flowed much better, IMHO.

I've come to find some of the bits are direct jabs at the BBC, like the killing of the celebrities and the "American" driving cars around the Eboladrome. While I don't doubt the man's driving abilities, I don't find him funny at all. I know what they are doing with him and appreciate the concept, I don't like the execution at all.

I eagerly look forward to the next episodes and am also looking forward to the next season of Top Gear now that Chris Evans is gone. There are so few good automotive TV shows with similar high production value these days, I'll get the content where ever I can get it!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

BBC screwed up. There's nobody better in the business than these guys.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I watch the trailers and read reviews before watching. I loved Top Gear but on occasion they got too far off auto stuff and that is when I would cut my viewing short. The first episode of Grand Tour was great! They spent most of the time in super cars and doing honest, head to head comparisons. I do miss the Stig, however, and this new guy has huge shoes to fill as a driver - we shall see how that turns out. As far as the second episode is concerned, the reviews I read showed little in the way of autos and heavy into the ridiculous situations. So I'll pass on watching that one. I like their comedy but I need it in conjunction with cars.