autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Post Thanks / Like

What to buy?

Hey guys, well I'm finally at the point were I can get a new vehichle, may or may not keep the mazda, liked to, but may need the money, anyway here is what I have narrowed down to, which would you go with.

First, Ford FX4, probably white, could help detailing alot.

OR

I fell in love with this car the first day I saw it, cheaper than the truck, but no room for detailng supplies, that why I might have to keep my mazda for.
    Ford Shelby Mustang, not the 500 hp one, but a little faster than a stock GT, I just really like the way it looks, and its a registered shelby, my garage queen.

SO which would you go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Shelby GT. Muscle Cars RULE!!!
    No it's not obsessive compulsive to have the right gear to make your car look wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I'd get the truck. The Shelby looks kind of plain to me. The truck will actually be functional for you. Also, think about the insurance cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not going to get the red, 500 HP Shelby, I would get the truck!
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    go with the truck, lift it and what not and you will be happy.

Well until you realize you bought a ford but oh well.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    The Shelby is by far a more beautiful and personal car, but it's a whim (caprice), the truck in the other hand could help you make more money to maybe buy the shelby later

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the truck, but with current gas prices, which keep going up it won't be your daily driver.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't buy the Shelby...

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Ford fan...I own a 2001 GT that is my constant work in progress (not that it breaks down, but that it is always getting mods). Here is what I don't like about the Shelby GT, First the modifications done to it do not justify the price increase. I saw one here in WA for 50k...all that is done to is is some Ford Racing aftermarket parts, a few body mods. Sure it has a few extra horses, but that is done with an ECU flash that you could do yourself from SCT, or any number of other tuners and probably get more horses for your money. Save your money buy a regular GT and put the parts on yourself..alot cheaper. Heck you could get a supercharger and still be under the price they are asking. Two, yes it has shelby's name on it but I don't think it should. I am on several mustang boards and have read post from people who bought these are were upset about the low quality of the aftermarket body parts...ie the hood scoop was double sided taped on, shelby stripes crooked...etc. Just my opinion but I don't think it is worth the mark up. Maybe I am just sick of seeing the huge markup that Dealers in my area area giving these cars...just my 2 cents worth. I would rather wait for the Bullitt edition that is coming out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail View Post
    SO which would you go with?
    WAIT for the ConvertaShelby and get a rear-seat delete kit
    That way, you'll have 1/2 as much storage room as a truck

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd get the truck, but I'm a truck guy...Down side is the MPG. Wished they would put a diesel in the F-150. With a V6 or small V8 diesel it could get 25-30mpg. Had a 79 chevy with a 350 diesel years ago that got 26 highway. The only thing I hated about it was blowing head gasket about every 6 months....
    I have a 05 F-150 2WD now with a V6 that gets 21 highway and 17 city. It has been an awesome truck....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.