autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Parking Lots - bit of a rant

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    I take pride in keeping a car for a long time, well maintained inside and out, with high miles. No car payment is the BEST car payment. And a DD that's older w/ higher miles isn't as much of a concern as a new (insert car name here) car with a $500+ monthly nugget. It's not a Merc C63 AMG, or BMW 5, but it's mine.
    Well said. The car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post

My rational is lazy people and inconsiderate people dent cars with their doors. Those people are not the typical ones willing to walk as far as I do.
    Perfect

I caught a lady putting grocery's on my hood at an apartment complex, as in 4 bags, while she unloaded her car.
    She told me she would be right back to get them. I set them on the ground.
    I laughed in disbelief but was extremely upset.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you park away as far as you can from other vehicles at all times?

My Daily Driver, 9 years old 145K miles... Never been hit, never even a ding! Ever!
    Interior - Perfect.
    Mechanical - Almost everything except the engine has been replaced. LOL.

I take pride in keeping a car for a long time, well maintained inside and out, with high miles. No car payment is the BEST car payment. And a DD that's older w/ higher miles isn't as much of a concern as a new (insert car name here) car with a $500+ monthly nugget. It's not a Merc C63 AMG, or BMW 5, but it's mine.

It's coated, and I wanted to do a quick mini-detail last night, wash/blow-dry, QD (PBL Coating QD), Blackfire AIO on the tires and wells, clean up tail pipes and wheels. All good, car looks fantastic!

Then I notice, back passenger door, big ole ding and scuff into the clear. Ugg!
    This morning I broke out trusty PC, 4" LC Orange Cut and White Polish and tried 3D HD Adapt 501 and 502 for the first time. Very sweet, spot buffed the scuff/scratches, all scratches gone, hit it with some erasure then PBL DC.
    On Thurs I have an appointment with Dent Wizard.

Just can't believe how folks can plant their car door into yours, cause damage and just walk away... Not a even a note... nothing. Now this is why I don't take the garage queen anywhere. Since it's my DD I'm not overly worried, I know the DW guy does a great job, I've used him before on another vehicle.

Ok, that's my Monday rant!

Post Thanks / Like

People are just inconsiderate. One of my good friends coworkers had his brand new Scion FRS's entire right side scraped up and dented in at their union hall parking lot and the thing is, the only thing that could've done the damage is the trailer towed by the landscaping guys but of course they're not gonna own up to it and he parked just outside of security camera range so he's in for about 7 grand total repairs since he has to have the door replaced, his tires and rims on the right side repaired and all dents taken out on his rear right side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Do you park away as far as you can from other vehicles at all times?
    After owning the car for 9 years with 145K miles... and looking at the pictures, I'll let you answer your own question... :-)

Yes, and the wife does as well. Some times you don't have a choice. I live 45 miles from Boston, where if you want to go to a show, or event, a tight parking garage is one option, Uber or a car service is another...

My wife drives the car more than me... but she is partnered in the detail business and she's a "car gal". She understand parking in left field. She also knows that we both have the same ideals of not having a car payment and maintain what you own.

Things will happen, we'll see how the PDR guys does on Thursday...

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost, you car looks absolutely fantastic!

I feel your pain... When a car is parked all alone it's like a magnet for other drivers. Almost as if they feel that all the other spots everywhere else are taken.

I always try to park next to a curb (the dividers between sections), or close to a handicap spot with a HUGE buffer zone.

The other thing that gets me worked up other than careless car parkers, are the ones that just let shopping carts roam free after they're done. Even when a shopping cart return spot is in an aisle over, people still cram them between spots, between the parking curbs, or just leave me wherever they want. I don't get it!!! How can you be that lazy to not take an extra 30-60 seconds to walk a cart to a cart return or back to the store you got it from. It just blows my mind.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that and a shame that people have no respect for anothers property. I too park as far away as possible no matter where I park. I laugh at people that drive around for 20 minutes so they can park right up front. In the meantime, I've already done my shopping and left, lol.

Like someone else mentioned, it infuriates me to no end when I park way in the back of the lot, with no one around, and yet some jack*ss feels the need to park right next to me. Usually in some beater that is 15 years old.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you have driven to Boston for 9 years and don't have any dings on either bumper, which is way more common than door dings, I think my question was legitimate.

After owning the car for 9 years with 145K miles... and looking at the pictures, I'll let you answer your own question... :-)

Yes, and the wife does as well. Some times you don't have a choice. I live 45 miles from Boston, where if you want to go to a show, or event, a tight parking garage is one option, Uber or a car service is another...

My wife drives the car more than me... but she is partnered in the detail business and she's a "car gal". She understand parking in left field. She also knows that we both have the same ideals of not having a car payment and maintain what you own.

Things will happen, we'll see how the PDR guys does on Thursday...

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler with nearly 180k miles on it, still in better condition than most new ones. Came out of the store that I was in for two minutes, and some jackwagon backed into it, destroyed the factory style chrome bumper, then drove off. I parked in the middle of the open part of the lot to avoid door dings, and this happens.
    New bumper was almost as much as my deductible, so I got to eat it for a new one. Spent a little more, and bought the most hardcore rock crawler bumper I could afford. Next one that hits me is going to leave parts of their car in front of mine��

Post Thanks / Like

Hate reading threads like this. (Because it makes me cringe).

Fact is, the people on this forum are 0.00000001% of the population. The rest of the population are just drones going through life and caring about nothing.

Ask yourself this: Who would be less likely to get into a car and back over their own child? (Which, unfortunately you read about all the time). The person that has high attention to detail, or the fat slob with 50 McDonalds wrappers on his front seat and floor, and has never even thought about washing his car, because it's all about them in their little self-centered minds?

See what I'm getting at? Not only will they fling a door into your just-detailed pride and joy, they don't even know that you care about it. Why would they? They don't.

THAT'S the kind of people you share this great country with now, sad to say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast