autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    No need for a rinse aid since the griot's 3-1 should be hydrophobic enough to evacuate the majority of the water via forced air. Just remove most of the water with your ego and then start going over the car with BOSS detailer, that way you are able to catch any remaining water that is left over and you are still giving it a final wipe down as well. BOSS detailer is great stuff, the scent is one of my favorites!
    When fresh the C3i1 provides great hydrophobicity. I was just trying to use the CSS to boost/reload the C3i1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I've never used it as a drying aid but that seems like a lot. I normally dry the car and then come back with the CSS, 1-2 sprays per panel, 3-4 for the hood.
    That’s how I would use it as a traditional topper and it works great when using it as intended. But I was using it as a rinse aid (not drying aid) so the car was completely soaked. Made me feel like I should use a bit extra so the water on the surface didn’t dilute it too much and also so I got even coverage. Doesn’t really matter since I learned it streaks a lot using that method.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'd skip the CCS pads and buy the LC Flats. Also, you have a BMW in your avatar. I'd add orange pads to your list, and they just might end up being all that you use.

Also, the FCC finishes down beautifully due to the abrasive technology Griot's uses. So you may or may not need the Perfecting Cream. Test spots are your best friend here.............
    Dug this post up. I’ve begun the Spring detail process and so far you are absolutely on the money. Orange LC CCS pad with BOSS Correcting Cream has been working great.

My garage lights are really bright and I can tell a small difference when following that up with BOSS Perfecting Cream on a BOSS Yellow pad… will only really do this step on more obvious parts of the car like fenders, trunk lid, and hood.

I’m also topping the corrected surfaces with Best of Show Wax… definitely different than Ceramic 3-in-1 wax (used for the winter months). Not sure which I prefer.

Unfortunately I’m realizing I have TONS of tiny rock pits all over my hood that you can only see in just the right light. I could probably get them out if I used a quite aggressive pad and compound combo, but I think it’s kind of a lost cause. Maybe someday I’ll just get the hood and front bumper repainted and PPF’d.

4. Likes dgage, PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    Dug this post up. I’ve begun the Spring detail process and so far you are absolutely on the money. Orange LC CCS pad with BOSS Correcting Cream has been working great.

My garage lights are really bright and I can tell a small difference when following that up with BOSS Perfecting Cream on a BOSS Yellow pad… will only really do this step on more obvious parts of the car like fenders, trunk lid, and hood.

I’m also topping the corrected surfaces with Best of Show Wax… definitely different than Ceramic 3-in-1 wax (used for the winter months). Not sure which I prefer.

Unfortunately I’m realizing I have TONS of tiny rock pits all over my hood that you can only see in just the right light. I could probably get them out if I used a quite aggressive pad and compound combo, but I think it’s kind of a lost cause. Maybe someday I’ll just get the hood and front bumper repainted and PPF’d.

A good compound polish and then Dr colorchip might be a good solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    A good compound polish and then Dr colorchip might be a good solution.

The little pits I’m talking about don’t really need touch up paint, and there are wayyy too many of them — the entire front part of the hood would be all touch up paint. It’s almost like the hood was hit with a very light/sparse sandblasting. I’ll see if I can get a picture.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    The little pits I’m talking about don’t really need touch up paint, and there are wayyy too many of them — the entire front part of the hood would be all touch up paint. It’s almost like the hood was hit with a very light/sparse sandblasting. I’ll see if I can get a picture.
    Sounds just like you say, just lots of tiny pits from impacts - the unfortunate tax for soft paint out on real world roads. I see it most often on re-sprayed panels as the aftermarket clear just never seems as hard as the factory, but I would totally believe if your paint is soft that it would happen on OE paint as well.

I always recommend PPF if people have to get front end parts repainted.

Even with paint on the harder side, my car with 27x,000 miles has a lot of this if you look closely as well.

9. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Sounds just like you say, just lots of tiny pits from impacts - the unfortunate tax for soft paint out on real world roads. I see it most often on re-sprayed panels as the aftermarket clear just never seems as hard as the factory, but I would totally believe if your paint is soft that it would happen on OE paint as well.

I always recommend PPF if people have to get front end parts repainted.

Even with paint on the harder side, my car with 27x,000 miles has a lot of this if you look closely as well.
    I do think the hood has been repainted before. Would explain the softness. Haven’t confirmed with a paint thickness gauge, but under intensely bright light, you can tell a difference in the shade of black between the hood and other panels. The hood appears more saturated. Same with the driver’s side front fender.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to nick, and thank you richard along with the whole griot's garage staff all these years for making the brand what it is today!

i am the jump starter.

12. Likes UncleDavy, DUBL0WS6, Klasse Act, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this vid drop and watched it right away! I've been a customer for HALF of their existence and regard them as one of the Top 5 brand out there without a doubt!!

They not only have great products, solid products for years but with Nick involved more you can see he's taken the company to the next level with NEW products over the past couple years. In closing as long as the superior customer service is priority ONE and these new, wanted products keep coming out they'll continue their successInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried their new ceramic tire dressing and it's awesome, a true contender for TWHS and Adam's graphene tire dressing Inside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast