autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson learned: do not use Ceramic Speed Shine as a rinse aid.

I washed the car, rinsed the car, sprayed on Ceramic Speed Shine thinking it would boost the underlying Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, then rinsed off. Then blew off the car with EGO 530 and towel dried the remaining little bit of water.

The CSS did bring back the hydrophobicity in places towards the bottom of the car where it was failing (most of the car still beaded perfectly).

The next day I noticed most of the horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk) were noticeably streaky/spotty. I used up the bottle of CSS, so I didn’t have any left to go over it in hopes that it would remove the streaks and spots. Regular Speed Shine did not help either. It did come off easily by putting a few sprays of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on a microfiber and then buffing. My conclusion there is that both CSS and C3i1 have the same solvents to put the ceramic into solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I always spray, wipe in and buffInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah I always spray, wipe in and buffInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

Yep, it does work well as a drying aid. I also really like the effect BOSS Detailer has, so sometimes I’ll forgo the drying aid and then just go over the entire car with that. I bet regular Speed Shine would be okay to use as a drying aid before going over the whole dry car with the BOSS Detailer (and probably safer) but something in my head doesn’t want to use a drying aid before the final wipe with BOSS Detailer.

7. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    Lesson learned: do not use Ceramic Speed Shine as a rinse aid.

I washed the car, rinsed the car, sprayed on Ceramic Speed Shine thinking it would boost the underlying Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, then rinsed off. Then blew off the car with EGO 530 and towel dried the remaining little bit of water.

The CSS did bring back the hydrophobicity in places towards the bottom of the car where it was failing (most of the car still beaded perfectly).

The next day I noticed most of the horizontal panels (hood, roof, trunk) were noticeably streaky/spotty. I used up the bottle of CSS, so I didn’t have any left to go over it in hopes that it would remove the streaks and spots. Regular Speed Shine did not help either. It did come off easily by putting a few sprays of Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on a microfiber and then buffing. My conclusion there is that both CSS and C3i1 have the same solvents to put the ceramic into solution.

How much of the CSS did you use? CSS was a bit streaky for me, but that was likely due to the temperature the time I applied it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How much of the CSS did you use? CSS was a bit streaky for me, but that was likely due to the temperature the time I applied it.
    About 1/3 of the 22oz bottle over the whole car. I applied liberally since the car was soaking wet with lots of water beads on it. But also, it was only about 40°F, so it don’t really think it dried on there much if at all.

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About 1/3 of the 22oz bottle over the whole car. I applied liberally since the car was soaking wet with lots of water beads on it. But also, it was only about 40°F, so it don’t really think it dried on there much if at all.
    I've never used it as a drying aid but that seems like a lot. I normally dry the car and then come back with the CSS, 1-2 sprays per panel, 3-4 for the hood.

Post Thanks / Like

So you sprayed a wet car with it, liberally and then hosed offInside Griot's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it does work well as a drying aid. I also really like the effect BOSS Detailer has, so sometimes I’ll forgo the drying aid and then just go over the entire car with that. I bet regular Speed Shine would be okay to use as a drying aid before going over the whole dry car with the BOSS Detailer (and probably safer) but something in my head doesn’t want to use a drying aid before the final wipe with BOSS Detailer.

No need for a rinse aid since the griot's 3-1 should be hydrophobic enough to evacuate the majority of the water via forced air. Just remove most of the water with your ego and then start going over the car with BOSS detailer, that way you are able to catch any remaining water that is left over and you are still giving it a final wipe down as well. BOSS detailer is great stuff, the scent is one of my favorites!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So you sprayed a wet car with it, liberally and then hosed offInside Griot's Garage

Yep. I know C3i1 can be used in that way as a rinse aid. I thought maybe the CSS could also be used that way to boost the C3i1. Didn’t work as planned and left spots/streaks. Thinking maybe due to the extra stuff they add which are responsible for the cleaning function of CSS. Also not very economical to use liberally (the CSS is only a dollar or two cheaper than the C3i1).

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast