autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I posted on the video but would like to add it here. When Sam applied what was probably Mckee's/Adam's/303 spray graphene he used 3-4 sprays on that little panel. That was enough to do the entire hood and then claims how grabby it was for removal...no sh!tInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

I also felt like they were dissing graphene as well. As much as I love Griot's Garage products it sure took them a long time to get ceramic into their products whereas other have had it for a long time and are now moving into graphene. Now I don't run a business but IMO you've gotta continue to improve with new tech or get left behind, for the most part. I say this because they've been around since 1990, so they're doing something right but in the past decade the competition has exploded, now they're playing catch up. I mean in the past couple yrs they've come out with some great products and I think someone got in their ear and lit a fireInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Good points Klasse. Graphene may turn out to be a temporary thing, time will tell.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted on the video but would like to add it here. When Sam applied what was probably Mckee's/Adam's/303 spray graphene he used 3-4 sprays on that little panel. That was enough to do the entire hood and then claims how grabby it was for removal...no sh!tInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

I also felt like they were dissing graphene as well. As much as I love Griot's Garage products it sure took them a long time to get ceramic into their products whereas other have had it for a long time and are now moving into graphene. Now I don't run a business but IMO you've gotta continue to improve with new tech or get left behind, for the most part. I say this because they've been around since 1990, so they're doing something right but in the past decade the competition has exploded, now they're playing catch up. I mean in the past couple yrs they've come out with some great products and I think someone got in their ear and lit a fireInside Griot's Garage

I could not agree more, Roger. I mean even Poorboy's has a legit ceramic coating. (And a pretty good and user-friendly one at that, IMO).

I always wondered why Griot's didn't have anything of the sort for all of the years leading up to the 3-in-1, and then they just kind of stopped there.

Like you, I am a huge fan of Griot's. Just kind of a head scratcher for sure.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I could not agree more, Roger. I mean even Poorboy's has a legit ceramic coating. (And a pretty good and user-friendly one at that, IMO).

I always wondered why Griot's didn't have anything of the sort for all of the years leading up to the 3-in-1, and then they just kind of stopped there.

Like you, I am a huge fan of Griot's. Just kind of a head scratcher for sure.
    I've never used a single Poor Boy's product since joining here 10 yrs ago.

Griot's Garage has produced non-ceramic products though that were worth the wait, Brillant Shine rinseless wash is the first to come to mind. They also have multiple tire products now, long time solid tire cleaner and their classic wheel cleaner which I really need to get because it's the first Griot's Garage product I ever tried and has a unique smell.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had found Poor Boy's Strip Down sooner. Stuff is great for those of us that like to try different LSP's. Works great too.

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

So here’s my understanding about graphene:

It’s a single layer of carbon atoms that form a similar structure to a chainlink fence. In theory this forms a super strong and amazingly thin/light structure. As of yet, no one is really able to scientifically support that adding graphene to detailing products makes them any better compared to the same product without graphene. Lately, companies have been improving their products and they are getting better and better (as they should), regardless of if they contain graphene. Then, in order to communicate to the detailing community that these are their latest and greatest products, they add graphene to them so they can label them as a graphene product.

I could be out of touch, and their might be scientific evidence to support graphene is really making a difference, however I haven’t heard that yet. Or I also haven’t seen a real game-changer graphene product that blows everything else out of the water.

Griot’s seems to have a similar philosophy to Apple with their iPhones — wait for someone else to try out the feature to see how/if it works and if people like it. Then jump in full throttle with R&D and be the company with the best implementation of that feature. Seems to be a healthy business model for many large companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pan the Organizer has a video where he interviews David Guiterez, the lead chemist from 303, when they debuted their graphene spray, great info in there but a bit geeky.

I wad fortunate enough to be a beta tester of that product and I couldn't wait for it to come outInside Griot's Garage

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, DFB, chilly, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pan the Organizer has a video where he interviews David Guiterez, the lead chemist from 303, when they debuted their graphene spray, great info in there but a bit geeky.

I wad fortunate enough to be a beta tester of that product and I couldn't wait for it to come outInside Griot's Garage

I have a graduate degree in bioinformatics, so I am no stranger to geeky! I’ll check out that video

13. Likes Bosko, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    I have a graduate degree in bioinformatics, so I am no stranger to geeky! I’ll check out that video

Nice!
    I have(had) EXTENSIVE practices in chemistry myself.
    After I retired for almost 6 years I had much success turning vodka into urine...

15. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes BlackCarBlues, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Nice!
    I have(had) EXTENSIVE practices in chemistry myself.
    After I retired for almost 6 years I had much success turning vodka into urine...
    Hahaha. I prefer turning bourbon into confidence Inside Griot's Garage

17. Likes Bosko, MisterSnoop, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post

Oh well then you will thoroughly enjoy that video because I have just a high school diploma and a lot of the stuff they were saying was flying very far over my headInside Griot's Garage

19. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast