autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No Shade For Car Washing

I have absolutely NO shade for washing my cars and truck. I saw a recent episode of Competition Ready where they cleaned a 1933 Rolls-Royce Phantom II in direct Florida sunshine with a waterless cleaner. I would like to know what product was used for this because one of my Chargers and my F250 are black and traditional washing in direct sunlight isn't working for me!
    Last edited by Jeff97223; 08-22-2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Missed a couple of key words!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Shade For Car Washing

Thought about buying one of those pop up tents? Maybe on craigslist? Wouldn't be much and would put you in the shade

Post Thanks / Like

There's ONR, UWW+, and Uber Rinseless. Those seem to be the top three for most users here.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's D114 is also very popular.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

A master list of "sun friendly" products would be very useful.

Post Thanks / Like

I Rinseless Wash customers cars in business parking lots in 90 degree heat on a sunny day with no problem using Meguiars D114. I just pre soak the panel with D114 in a spray bottle and then wash with D114 solution using a wash mitt (1oz to 2 gallons of water). I dry with a damp rung out 16 x 16 microfiber and buff off with a dry 16x16 microfiber. I repeat this process on each panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff97223 View Post
    I have absolutely NO shade for washing my cars and truck. I saw a recent episode of Competition Ready where they cleaned a 1933 Rolls-Royce Phantom II in direct Florida sunshine with a waterless cleaner. I would like to know what product was used for this because one of my Chargers and my F250 are black and traditional washing in direct sunlight isn't working for me!
    Mckees 37 has a rinseless product as well that works as advertised. I have never used wolfgang uber but people here say it's slicker than owl sh** if you get it on the concrete which is good because that means your towels will glide over the paint. Rinseless washing is super effective and easy but technique will make it dangerous if you use to much pressure or not enough mf's. Use a high quality mf I use edgeless 480gsm from another venue than autogeek as I feel they have the superior mf towels. I use a pump up garden sprayer if I go to a business lot for quick exterior washes. Always dilute with distilled water and you will have no spots in my experience. Hope you find what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    Mckees 37 has a rinseless product as well that works as advertised. I have never used wolfgang uber but people here say it's slicker than owl sh** if you get it on the concrete which is good because that means your towels will glide over the paint. Rinseless washing is super effective and easy but technique will make it dangerous if you use to much pressure or not enough mf's. Use a high quality mf I use edgeless 480gsm from another venue than autogeek as I feel they have the superior mf towels. I use a pump up garden sprayer if I go to a business lot for quick exterior washes. Always dilute with distilled water and you will have no spots in my experience. Hope you find what you want.
    I use Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax. By washing one panel at a time, and then immediately drying, I get no streaking or built up water spots while in direct sunlight. It adds a nice gloss & slickness to the panel, so it is especially awesome to use in between LSP days.

As for products being able to be used in direct sunlight, I'm pretty sure the PoorBoy's Natty waxes can be, and Mckee's 37 360 is an AIO that can be used in direct sunlight. I've had experience with the older formula (XMT 360) in direct sun, and it worked flawlessly.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    A master list of "sun friendly" products would be very useful.
    THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.

Having a separate link on AG to get directly to those products would be a great addition to the site.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    I use Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax. By washing one panel at a time, and then immediately drying, I get no streaking or built up water spots while in direct sunlight. It adds a nice gloss & slickness to the panel, so it is especially awesome to use in between LSP days.
    ^I agree.

Go with just about any rinseless wash, and wash and dry a panel at a time. The wash will cool the surface enough to work on it for a short time.

If you want to apply a non spray wax, maybe give the panel a second wipe to cool it futher and apply as you go.

I have had D114, and others, steaming off the paint on my first pass, but never have any issues.

If is is hot and your claying, keep a wash mitt or towel close by.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast