autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love this wash mitt. Here's why:

Anybody try this yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Anybody try this yet?
    Mine's coming in the mail today! I hope to try it out this weekend. I'll definitely respond back here with my thoughts about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it and wrote a little review here

REVIEW: Rinseless Wash Mitt
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like this mitt is TOO soft/plush. I'd be worried that it would take more effort to remove stubborn dirt/grime off the paint.

What I like about the CG green mitt are the hundreds of fingers/noodles. And if you look closely the MF fibers have a tighter nap. So if there is any dirt or tar stuck on a section after I have a made a pass or two with the mitt, I can go over that small section with a light back n forth motion which will remove it. If the material is too soft I would think that it would be more difficult.

Not sure if thats truly the case with this new mitt.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    I am new to this rinseless wash idea. Haven't actually done it, but have a dedicated bucket, grit guard, gamma seal lid, ONR, just need the mit/sponge. I was on the fence on the Optimum BRS. How does this differ or work differently? Yes I know one is a sponge, the other not so skip that part
    I'm not familiar with the Optimum BRS, but I have been using this mitt with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    It looks like this mitt is TOO soft/plush. I'd be worried that it would take more effort to remove stubborn dirt/grime off the paint.

What I like about the CG green mitt are the hundreds of fingers/noodles. And if you look closely the MF fibers have a tighter nap. So if there is any dirt or tar stuck on a section after I have a made a pass or two with the mitt, I can go over that small section with a light back n forth motion which will remove it. If the material is too soft I would think that it would be more difficult.

Not sure if thats truly the case with this new mitt.
    That's a valid concern, which is why I pointed it out in my review. See post #1.

The Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt features an open-ended nap that enables this super soft mitt to glide across the surface. Remember, less friction = less chance of instilling swirl marks and scratches. You'll be shocked at just how well it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Used mine for the first time the other day.

Works great, a lot better than using my dread micro mitt for same job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Looks a lot to me like another mitt out there for sure. (Same color, same wrist band even.) Haven't seen any reviews on that mitt either. Wonder if Ian could put some customer reviews up on his site?

I'm afraid if I had to drive to a college campus I'd first get a 1990 Toyota truck, then next get it coated in bed liner! (Unfortunately... lately you might need body armor and Seal training though.)

I'm not so sure though that a daily driver can't be (for the most part) swirl free after six months. Take a look at CarMomma's Denali... it's garaged at night, but she NEVER stops driving it, rain, mud, country roads, dodging deer.... and works 20 miles away at a car auction. It has VERY few swirls in it... and you have to look pretty darned hard to find them.

But then again... I don't wash it with a single bucket, a single mitt (especially the same mitt on the bottom and top), and without two grit guards in both buckets! Uhhh... and a dedicated wheel bucket, with it's own grit guard. OCD much??????

I've tried rinseless on it during the coldest part of winter... but it just makes me nervous. Even then... it is always with one bucket, filled with hot water/rinseless solution then packed full of towels. Last one had 18 towels in it. Yup... ocd much.
    I love this wash mitt.  Here's why: i too saw it. Same color, same wrist band and yes there are no reviews. But it was mentioned as non-split microfiber.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 4 and so happy with purchase! They are quite nice and made my transition to rinseless washes seamless

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car Nick. I picked up a Hyper Blue STi last week!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I love this wash mitt.  Here's why:-12140186_10207785685990169_4475716055132698914_o-jpg   I love this wash mitt.  Here's why:-12119923_10207785686910192_3027561681685747940_o-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased 4 and I have to say that the wash mitt works great and releases dirt quickly when rubbed across the Grit Guard. I usually use the Big Red Sponge but I will be using this mitt in the future. It glides across the paint nicely and holds water much better than the BRS so there is less water on the garage floor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast