autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: menzerna nano

Post Thanks / Like

menzerna nano

if i have very light swirls i mean very light inperfections so light only u can see them up close should i try menzerna nano polish and a finishing pad? or go with a medium cut pad ? green or white
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    If the inperfections you mention are that minor I would go with a White pad....oh wait you use a PC right? Or Rotary? Reason I ask is becuase with rotary all I use is finishing pads and polishing pads and haven't had to use cutting pads for a while.

Well just my $0.02

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote to start with white. When Menz first came to AG someone with experience with Menz said that their polishes work better with less aggressive pads. Don't ask me why, but it's worked OK for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a p/c and the pads i use arent from a/g they go as follows yellow cutting pad then green medium cutting pad then blue finishing pad. so i geuss go with the green pad?
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using megs pads? You do NOT want to use a medium cutting pad on light imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJones View Post
    Are you using megs pads? You do NOT want to use a medium cutting pad on light imperfections.
    not sure what brand they are go tthem with my p/c the yellow is very stiff only ment for bad swirls. the green is pretty soft and the blue is even softer if that helps. also i have an orange lake counry pad and thats alot stiffer then the green one i have

Post Thanks / Like
    Orange LC pads works great with either Menzerna PO106FF/FA or PO85RD3.02 or SIP.

I mostly uses RD3.02 with LC foamed wool pad or orange pad(reticulated foam) and P0106FF/85RE5 with green(heavy polishing) or white. Works wonder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    If the inperfections you mention are that minor I would go with a White pad....oh wait you use a PC right? Or Rotary? Reason I ask is becuase with rotary all I use is finishing pads and polishing pads and haven't had to use cutting pads for a while.

Well just my $0.02
    Try that on a VW or Audi You will scratch your head, and find some wool
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that's true pirex, unfrotunetly I haven't had to do a VW or an Audi, I'd love to detail one just for the experiance...oh but I would really like a Vett...that would be wicked

Post Thanks / Like
    my experience with it yesterday on my pretty nasty swirls and marring was satisfactory..after all the car is pretty jacked up from all the auto washes, travels to vegas and crappy washing skills...but other than that it was good for what it does

im going to step up to my orange pad with 106ff and then step back down to a white pad hopefully it will get rid of all that

hey NICA what kidna rotary do you use..ive been wanting ot make the jump but am still frieghtened to jack up the paint..ive been using a PC for a few years now, and was intersted in that Metabo or Makita..wahts your take on the learning curve and which ROtary would be a good choice for your typical swirl-car customer

thanks!