autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System

nice

Post Thanks / Like

Just sharing a post I made on another thread, and sharing some of my testing with the GG21 system. To answer some pad questions I've seen and we all invariably have with different machines and systems.

On my GG21 I first used the Griots pad. My impression, they are very durable and the lower profile assures excellent balance and smooth operation and they did the job very quickly. I would guess this was designed into the pads from their testing experience. I then ran it with a standard LC Flat pad and their was a noticeable difference in the stability and smoothness of the machine. I noticed some warble, the pad appeared to not have complete contact around the outer circumference and required additional unneeded to pressure to assure complete contact. It really likes the lower profile pads.

I then ran it with a Rupes pad. More stable than the LC pads but it definitely performs best with the lower profile Griots pad. The Griots pads are also a different foam composition. I like the Griots foam composition the best.

When I first got my Rupes machines I did the same kind of testing with their pads vs. different pads, specifically LC and Buff and Shine.

I do have another set of pads I'm going to test some time in the near future.

I'm giving two thumbs up for the Griots pads. I do wish they were a a little less $$. I'll be sure to stock up on the next AG sale.

And I'll treat them with kid gloves and clean them right away.

That being said, the Rupes and the Griots were both designed as systems.

I sell packaging systems and my mentor told me 25 years ago to quote a legend, " Son, you don't sell the razor without the blade "

But as detailers, it's in our nature to want to experiment and I will continue do so too.

Like many other forum members I try my best to put these comparisons in a positive light and steer away from negativity.

Without these great manufacturers and suppliers continuing to push the detailing envelope where we would be as detailers.

So I try to keep that in mind when I post reviews of products. Obviously I've slipped from time to time, but my intention has always been to be fair to the high quality manufacturers that AG represents and to AG as they provide us this great platform to interact and share our experiences.

For those of you who have wanted to attend Detail Fest but not been able to, this is one of the great things about it. You get to meet the suppliers and interact with them on a personal level. It's great and I enjoyed meeting the suppliers who I support at this years DF. And they were very generous with there time and with some swag. Thanks guys and gals.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System

"when I am in the market for a forced d/a its no question where I'm buying it from GRIOTS GARAGE!!"

They make a forced rotation DA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    "when I am in the market for a forced d/a its no question where I'm buying it from GRIOTS GARAGE!!"

They make a forced rotation DA?
    I believe it's Flex or nothing when talking forced rotation DA's.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112