autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Menzerna products in stock at AG!

[QUOTE=Mike@DedicatedPerfection;1215607]I recommend starting off with FG400 and SF4000. This way your compound and polish areas are covered.

What machine and pads are you using?

I have a Gg 6in and pads Im using lc ccs pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    So you're telling me I'll be divvying up the rest of my gallon of D151 and paying it forward to people I like? Dang.

D151 is not even in 3n1's league regarding defect removal. Regarding my earlier post, if you poured 3n1 into a Power Finish bottle, I dont think I would notice the difference in the products until wipeoff because of the smooth finish. Power Finish is my go to 1 step polish on most all hard AND soft paints. That polish always amazes me because of how effectively it cuts defects but also finish's down like an ultra finishing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to add that I tried the Menzerna endless shine detail spray and am very surprised . This is not your typical detail spray. I'm pretty sure it has a high alcohol content. It spreads and spreads with only a little bit of product. Flash's off and wipes up with ease. zero and I mean zero streaks. You for sure need to use 2 towels, mainly because once the towel is wet with the product it just continues to spread. it will no longer wipe the product off.

I got worried when I saw you needed 2 towels for the product on the descriptions. But now I realize its more so for the fact I described above. NOT for streaking issues. This product is really unique, i'm a little puzzled why they call it a spray detailer though. It behaves more like a spray polymer.

The only thing I can relate it too would be like having Sonax Polymer Net shield except with a super slippery application and wipeoff instead of being grippy on spreading and removal.

Dont expect a fruity smelling spray. this stuff is potent and incredibly easy to use. I actually just ordered a second bottle to my cart.

Post Thanks / Like

Close to sold on both. I'm lucky I'm not a pro, because I'd be in the red for years with all the new products and gear I pick up to try out.

I'm lucky I have a couple of good friends who are starting out at expanding their detailing skill sets, so I have locals to whom I can "pay it forward" with samples and towels and stuff that are now redundant in my garage. It's a pity that shipping samples to others here would be such a costly PITA with customs declarations and whatnot, otherwise I'd gladly participate.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

so what process/steps would you recommend? which one would be the best bang for the buck. Im in the process of making an order and need it by this weekend so the sooner the better. I want to give it a shot. My gc chemicals are great but if I can save some time even better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I want to add that I tried the Menzerna endless shine detail spray and am very surprised . This is not your typical detail spray. I'm pretty sure it has a high alcohol content. It spreads and spreads with only a little bit of product. Flash's off and wipes up with ease. zero and I mean zero streaks. You for sure need to use 2 towels, mainly because once the towel is wet with the product it just continues to spread. it will no longer wipe the product off.

I got worried when I saw you needed 2 towels for the product on the descriptions. But now I realize its more so for the fact I described above. NOT for streaking issues. This product is really unique, i'm a little puzzled why they call it a spray detailer though. It behaves more like a spray polymer.

The only thing I can relate it too would be like having Sonax Polymer Net shield except with a super slippery application and wipeoff instead of being grippy on spreading and removal.

Dont expect a fruity smelling spray. this stuff is potent and incredibly easy to use. I actually just ordered a second bottle to my cart.
    I too noticed the same thing. This feels more closely related to a thick heavy spray sealant than a watery QD. I feel it is more focused on the protection side rather than the cleaning side although it does a decent job at cleaning.

Perhaps a new test is in order...?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    so what process/steps would you recommend? which one would be the best bang for the buck. Im in the process of making an order and need it by this weekend so the sooner the better. I want to give it a shot. My gc chemicals are great but if I can save some time even better.
    For a two step process, FG400 on a Hybrid blue pad and then followed by SF4000 on a White Hybrid pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Still no Power Protect Ultra AIO. Any idea when it will make it to the US?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Post Thanks / Like

How was the removal of 3 in 1.

I have read from 2 people it was a PITA to remove.

Compared to D151 on removal, what would you give it?

Have you used it on any other paint (one that was not wet sanded)?

Thanks!
    Charleston, SC

FLEX 3401, PC 7424xp, HF DA I Opticoated my shower......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
    How was the removal of 3 in 1.

I have read from 2 people it was a PITA to remove.

Compared to D151 on removal, what would you give it?

Have you used it on any other paint (one that was not wet sanded)?

Thanks!
    If you are removing 3n1 after 10 minute cure time it can be a bit harder to remove. If you work around and polish the car and then go back to the point where you started out and remove say after an hour cure time it is not that bad. Removes like a normal AIO.

I have used it on my wifes jet black BMW. PE14 and white Hybrid. I followed that with 3401, black Hybrid and PP Ultra. Followed by a wipedown with the new Menzerna ES QD. Has served me well through the winter.

Now I must say that I was not looking for halograms after the first step since I knew I was going over it again with the 3401. I wanted the PE14 for a bit more cut while finishing up with the 3401. If I were to one step it, I would have chose the 3401.

For durability of 3n1 alone I can not comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
    Still no Power Protect Ultra AIO. Any idea when it will make it to the US?
    Not sure if this will make it stateside. It has been out a year longer than 3n1 and has not made it over.

Im still hoping out that it will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12