autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Is this OEM colors for BMW wheels?
    YES, I've used these products on BMW and M-B turned out as good as OEM
    Repainting Wheel Surface:
    • Prepare the surface by removing all sandpaper residues by washing and then wiping with a clean damp towel.
    • Use 3m Painters Masking Tape between the tyre and the wheel rim
    • Spray the wheels with Dupont Prep Sol and allow to air dry.
    • Apply a thin coat of zinc (Groit's 20225) to stabilize the surface.
    • Paint the wheels with two thin coats of silver alloy paint to ensure complete coverage, and allow air-drying (1-2 hours between coats and leave to cure overnight.
    • Finish with a clear lacquer paint allow to air-dry and then cure for 4-6 hours

Alternate product-
    These products can be effectively used for spot repairs or full wheel restoration and are unusually user-friendly. They match the standard alloy wheel paint use by Audi, BMW, Mercedes - Benz, Porsche, VW and most other European OEMs. *One aerosol restores two complete wheels. http://www.autogeekonline.net

• Wurth Clean-Solve - a fast acting cleaner and solvent that will not leave a film residue of any kind. Clean-Solve will remove anything that might interfere with the bonding of the primer or paint to the wheel.
    • 1z Einszett Spray Paint Primer “Haft-Grund” - a fast-drying, self-etching primer and filler with special bonding agent for application before painting.
    • 1z Einszett Silver Spray Wheel Paint* - an acrylic lacquer resin paint that contains high-quality paint components tested to provide outstanding coverage and durable protection against corrosion, rock chips and road salt. The silver paint colour matches original European car and motorcycle standard wheels by manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, SEAT and VW. Spray multiple thin coats of paint for the best coverage.
    • Wurth High Gloss Clear Lacquer* - formulated to match the original factory lustre of your wheels. It is permanent lacquer paint, not a dressing. After you have repainted your wheels and allowed them to completely dry, spray Wurth High Gloss Clear Lacquer in light, sweeping strokes over the entire wheel face. Apply two or three coats for the best protection of your silver paint and can be effectively used for spot repairs or full wheel restoration
    THANK you AG I can now optain all these products in one place as opposed to 3/4, again Thanks
    Last edited by TOGWT; 08-23-2007 at 04:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, i would really like to see some reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    hmm, i would really like to see some reviews
    Are you volunteering?

Post Thanks / Like
    ill volunteer, im sure you guys have my address on file. Lord knows I have plenty of nicks in my wheels.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    YES, I've used these products on BMW and M-B turned out as good as OEM
    Repainting Wheel Surface:
    • Prepare the surface by removing all sandpaper residues by washing and then wiping with a clean damp towel.
    • Use 3m Painters Masking Tape between the tyre and the wheel rim
    • Spray the wheels with Dupont Prep Sol and allow to air dry.
    • Apply a thin coat of zinc (Groit's 20225) to stabilize the surface.
    • Paint the wheels with two thin coats of silver alloy paint to ensure complete coverage, and allow air-drying (1-2 hours between coats and leave to cure overnight.
    • Finish with a clear lacquer paint allow to air-dry and then cure for 4-6 hours

Alternate product-
    These products can be effectively used for spot repairs or full wheel restoration and are unusually user-friendly. They match the standard alloy wheel paint use by Audi, BMW, Mercedes - Benz, Porsche, VW and most other European OEMs. *One aerosol restores two complete wheels. http://www.autogeekonline.net
    • Wurth Clean-Solve - a fast acting cleaner and solvent that will not leave a film residue of any kind. Clean-Solve will remove anything that might interfere with the bonding of the primer or paint to the wheel.
    • 1z Einszett Spray Paint Primer “Haft-Grund” - a fast-drying, self-etching primer and filler with special bonding agent for application before painting.
    • 1z Einszett Silver Spray Wheel Paint* - an acrylic lacquer resin paint that contains high-quality paint components tested to provide outstanding coverage and durable protection against corrosion, rock chips and road salt. The silver paint colour matches original European car and motorcycle standard wheels by manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, SEAT and VW. Spray multiple thin coats of paint for the best coverage.
    • Wurth High Gloss Clear Lacquer* - formulated to match the original factory lustre of your wheels. It is permanent lacquer paint, not a dressing. After you have repainted your wheels and allowed them to completely dry, spray Wurth High Gloss Clear Lacquer in light, sweeping strokes over the entire wheel face. Apply two or three coats for the best protection of your silver paint and can be effectively used for spot repairs or full wheel restoration
    Thank you for always posting more than helpful information. I am really thinking about getting the cllear lacuer to respray my rare powdercoated wheels....

Any thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    Thank you for always posting more than helpful information. I am really thinking about getting the cllear lacuer to respray my rare powdercoated wheels....

Any thoughts on this?
    Thank you for the kind words...

Powder coated wheels are about as good as it gets, are you looking for more shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    Here is what I found out Sparkie. This owner said that they charged him $100 per wheel. The guy was mobile. He did them in the owners parking lot at work. He said that he didn't think that the wheels were taken off the car. There were some scuffs fixed too. He said it took only a couple of hours. Here is a pic of one of the wheels. I also used Klasse AIO on them.
    We might want to buy one of these German Restoration Kits.
    Oh yeah, the owner said that he was amazed at the change.

Thanks Jimmie. I'm still waiting on the guy to set up a date. When ever this happens I will get the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a german car, with german wheels...
    Too bad this doesn't ship by air...

But I've tried a kit that's quite the same.. Only cheaper, and with poor quality. That cheap set really do the trick...
    The color matched the original rim color(hypersilver BBS) perfect.

I guess this kit is much better. Wurth's popular in Europe. Kinnda exclusive in my area too... Hard to get hold of.

Post Thanks / Like

Durability - Wheel Refinishing Kit

I just purchased a set of lightly used OEM wheels for my Hyundai Azera. My intention was to get them refinished in Hyper-Silver at a cost of $100+ each, as the Hyundai color is a white-ish silver and not to my liking. I'm really interested in this kit (4 of them probably).

My Questions for those that have experience with it:
    • Does it chip or scratch when tires are mounted?
    • Since you're not baking the paint on, is it more prone to chips just from normal driving?
    • Does anyone have before and after pictures?

Thanx to all. Happy Holidays!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12