autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
    If one bottle of PBL can do more than ten cars, why not reapply instead of using any boosters? I coated my ride in November, so by spring I'll do a little cleanup and coat again.
    I'm sure the "booster" will do what its intended to do but I agree with this 100%. As many of us have so many productsm.....just use em'!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attention Pinnacle Black Label fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I have to say that from experience (not with this specific product but others in the family) that the atomizer spray helps in minimizing the amount of product used. I definitely would love to see a side by side between it and another "booster" to compare cost/use, or cost/oz/use. It may turn out that the little 8oz can do a lot more than we think.
    having a fine mist atomizer really makes the difference.
    BUT.... one little puff-o-wind and it's all gone to the 4-corners of the earth.
    That however with using suede applicator cloth(s) (aka CarPro/cquartz method) SERIOUSLY helps cut down on the amount of product used per application over and above the yellow foam applicator.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
    If one bottle of PBL can do more than ten cars, why not reapply instead of using any boosters? I coated my ride in November, so by spring I'll do a little cleanup and coat again.
    One bottle will never do more than ten cars IMHO. With only 4 ounces to work with and following recommended methods I'm not sure you'll get more than 4 or 5, tops.

"For paint, 3-4 sprays of Diamond Paint Coating is all that’s required to coat a panel (a hood is considered two panels)."

Considering 8 pumps on the hood, 8 to 10 more on the roof, 4 each on the front and rear bumpers, 4 on the trunk, at least 12 per side and you're easily up to 40 pumps. That is a LOT of product!

FWIW in the three applications I got in before it got too cold I tried to use the bare minimum I could get away with while making sure that the panels were covered well enough to visibly see the product 'flash'. Even so I'd say up to ¾'s of an ounce on a small 2 door coupe not counting what you'll use to the wind blowing, (which is why I'd recommend ALWAYS applying indoors) is the minimum you'll get away with. Keep in mind that when using the yellow foam applicator it'll hold it's own fair share of product a well.

(Perhaps I could pull a sprayer out and measure what the output of 40 pumps is to provide a more definitive answer, but I'll still stand by at least ½ an ounce (plus wind loss) no matter how you cut it.)

With that in mind I'd be more likely to use the 'booster' as the cost per application is much less than the original. Then considering the "synergistic compatibility" between it and the base product(s) it seems that it's more designed to help 'fill in' what may have been lost (to the elements) since the original application. (Thinking that once the base carrier has evaporated that it'll bond/link to the coating and make as a single layer.)

Mike Phillips

At my Detailing Boot Camp Class this weekend at least one or two of the cars are going to get coated...

Haven't decided which ones yet but for sure one of these...

I'm thinking the Green 1947 Ford Convertible for sure...

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^^

YES!

I won't be there .. but that's what got my vote

Please post pictures

I'm sure you will

Thanks Mike
    in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:6

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah its interesting to know about that.I used it many times in my workshop because i modifying the cars and then fro a better look i used this Pinnacle Black Label to the cars.So the cars look very graceful.Its really a nice thing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678