autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ultima line up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY View Post
    If you break down the prices, WOWA are as follows (no shipping, rough estimates). 70/12=$5.80/Ounce (36/4=$6.5 ouch), 29/6= $4.80, 24/8=$3. I bought the sampler back in Sept. and its quite nice, however, it certainly does not live up to the Ultima v. Zaino claims, which are quite comical.

Case in point, I will buy again when my 4oz runs out. I'm about 1.5 ounces through the bottle with at least 20 apps.
    I don't know if you should compare at the price per ounce. Instead look at price per application. It sounds as if you only need a tiny amount of this stuff. Very concentrated I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy View Post
    I saw the products in action. The polish, didn't impress me. FOr 30 bucks, I'll go for Menzerna. The soap, didn't impress me, it seems like other good soaps out there on AG. The clay, I kept wondering if it would mar the surface, but it does seem like it will speed up the claying process since you don't have to knead, just dip it in a soapy bucket. There weren't any work lights to see if there was any added marring. The trim/tire/wheel sealant caught my eye. A few people picked that up at the UDM/Ultima day. The sealant, I dunno, wipe on walk away sounds cool though. The only products I haven't seen in action were the interior products.
    I thought it was a paint cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuskan3 View Post

What do you mean it does not live up to Zaino? In which way are you not impressed? You have not had the product long enough to even fully test the durability against Zaino (I haven't been able to fully test the durability either), so I guess you are going by the looks and slickness. But going by the looks of the paint and the slickness *I* prefer it 10:1 over Zaino. But I must agree with you on how far the product goes; very little product goes very far. I am not trying to start a Zaino v.s Ultima battle here but I just want to know why you would find it comical about the comparison. (What was not impressive about UPGP)

I assume you are familiar with the Ultima v. Zaino ad, I found it comical. The ad makes a number of claims (if you havent seen it check it out) which, IME, are unfounded.

Looks are too subjective, but as far as slickness, Ultima has more of a soft carnauba feel, as opposed to the super slick zaino feel.

I have not found Ultima's durability to be spectacular. PPP followed by 2 coats of UPGP (24 hrs apart) v. ZAIO/Z5/Z2. Ultima was sqeaky with irregualr beads at the 1 month mark, whereas Zaino was slick and beading was unchanged.

Additonally, even after the initial application, UPGP's beading was not even close to the uniformity and height of Zaino. (whether that proves anything, IDK, but noteworthy)

Protection has not been determined.

There are so many variables, in no way is that conclusive, just one observation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY View Post
    I assume you are familiar with the Ultima v. Zaino ad, I found it comical. The ad makes a number of claims (if you havent seen it check it out) which, IME, are unfounded.

Looks are too subjective, but as far as slickness, Ultima has more of a soft carnauba feel, as opposed to the super slick zaino feel.

I have not found Ultima's durability to be spectacular. PPP followed by 2 coats of UPGP (24 hrs apart) v. ZAIO/Z5/Z2. Ultima was sqeaky with irregualr beads at the 1 month mark, whereas Zaino was slick and beading was unchanged.

Additonally, even after the initial application, UPGP's beading was not even close to the uniformity and height of Zaino. (whether that proves anything, IDK, but noteworthy)

Protection has not been determined.

There are so many variables, in no way is that conclusive, just one observation.
    Fair enough!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345