autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultima line up

Post Thanks / Like
    I have contemplated this line for several days after seeing the pricing it will be released at. Even though it stabs at Zaino for durability, and polycharger is quite expensive on its own, its gonna be darn hard to sell a paint sealant for 70.00 and a tire protectant for 40.00. I hope the pricing is seriously reconsidered otherwise I will be looking to share a purchase.

Scott

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    This ultima line is for 'studs' who throw around money .. it's not for the people who think 70$ is a lot of money !!!!
    I don't see price coming down !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The new Ultima line will be a hard sell to me....It would have to have some Elf magic in it...at the MSRP prices listed it is a very expensive system..It may be very good stuff....but how good....I have tried the polycharger and it really did nothing for me...It may have added a little more slickness to the product..but I question the durability extension...slickness really means nothing in terms of protection...and it can be boosted weekly or monthly using a product that induces it cheaper..

Looking at the Ultima products...to get a paint maintenance system it would cost me 118.00 for the sealant....bonding agent and QD....now that's just for paint..and not including a shampoo....tire dressing....interior stuff...

I will just wait till it comes out and watch the reports and results and longevity results...

But as I said..it may be a great product....but a little rich for me at this time..

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    The foam block (clay) is not really my cup of tea.
    I have tested it on many cars, and every time, it looked like someone took fine grit sand paper to the surface. It left a lot of light scratches. I have tried numerous lubes. (except a gel lube).

Though it does work great, I probably will be sticking to the old fashioned type clay. You can drop it and just rinse it off, which is another good perk.
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    The foam block (clay) is not really my cup of tea.
    I have tested it on many cars, and every time, it looked like someone took fine grit sand paper to the surface. It left a lot of light scratches. I have tried numerous lubes. (except a gel lube).

Though it does work great, I probably will be sticking to the old fashioned type clay. You can drop it and just rinse it off, which is another good perk.
    Thanks for the info! Now I won't even think of trying it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty set in my product line up. It would take something big for me to change anything. And for the prices they have set for the introduction, they would have to be nothing short of amazing, since they are way out of the "i'll try it out of curiosity" range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pricing is not a consideration for me if it warrants the results, I am anxious to see what this new line is all about!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    Pricing is not a consideration for me if it warrants the results, I am anxious to see what this new line is all about!
    I'm curious how strong their paint sealant really holds up. That's pretty much what I'm interested in looking into. The tire sealant is kinda interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is expensive stuff, I was only going to consider the sponge bar but now i'm not so sure either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    I agree with you to a great extent .. that said, there are many products at a lower price point that "might" compare to this line. It seems to have set its eyes on Zaino for exceeding durability, but hopefully not at the cost of good looks and easy use.

I will not hesitate to drop 70.00 on Souveran paste, and would do the same for a sealant with equal looks and better durability. That said, it isnt offered currently. I also have spent many a dollar chasing down high dollar carnaubas only to find they are no better that Souveran, yet everyone who spent the money claims to have seen the difference. (easiest test, bring wife out after done, they notice gloss , reflection such without care as to the brand).

My last thought involves longevity of the product. If Ultima lasts a true six months. How many applications in the bottle before it dries out or loses its luster. We know already that polycharger has a limited lifespan when introduced to sealants. I dont plan to spend 70.00, get 3 coats over 18 months and find the product needing to be tossed.

Scott

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast