autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Dodo Juice Products...

the IRON GLOSS and INFINITY PAINT SEALANT KIT look interesting.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a lot of products I would be really interested in.

Can't wait to see them pop up on autogeek
    2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I just realized Dodo Juice makes a towel called a Mint Merkin. Wow. Anyone who doesn't know what a "merkin" is should Google it.
    Ya' know, what this world really needs is....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    the IRON GLOSS and INFINITY PAINT SEALANT KIT look interesting.
    +1
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Satsuma rock looks interesting. Those cufflinks are nice, not that Id wear them but cool to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "old way" and "new way" of working, just curious. I have a stick of Dodo juice supernatrual that I traded for a bottle of Griot's Best of Show liquid and thought it left a natrual finish on my car, so I was happy there but when you look at all the various nuba's offered by them IMO it seems like a lot of overlap and gets a little confusing. I know marketing is important and they've got that down to a T, no doubt about that. Does there really need to be so many hard/soft waxes, ones for light and dark paints when its a general belief that nuba's seem to look best on dark colored cars, so how can it "really" make a difference on light colored cars?
    lets go through the line up, in hard and soft there is 1x suits all, 1x light colour-charged, 1x warm colour-charged and 1x dark colour-charged.

as you say, there is overlap. any of these waxes can be used on any colour. however, slight differences in the raw ingredient colours can have subtle differences. so if we take the basic formula, source the ingredients in clear coloured oils and 'pale' micronised carnauba and make one wax versus using darker coloured oils and darker coloured waxes we obtain 'similar' finished LSPs.... BUT they give a subtle difference on the paint. most of this comes down to which wavelengths of the spectrum of light returns to the eye and how the brain inteprets this. PURPOSE - to offer the user the chance to get a subtle enhancement, that little extra > makes all the difference.

more info here: DODO JUICE FORUMS • View topic - Colour Charging 2... no hype, no BS, just the TEST RESULTS

Also, what's the deal with hard and soft nuba's they offer?
    the difference between the hard and the soft is purely in the consistency at time of application. if you prefer to apply by applicator or perhaps machine - use the HARD waxes as they will not overload the foam. use the SOFT waxes if you are like me - hand applying the wax. they are easier to get onto your fingers and allow further movement on the surface for leaving a thin layer evenly.
    there is no 'better' way, really it is just creating waxes that make the job easier - whichever way you choose to apply. we could have made just one wax, but we learned so much in the process of creating one wax that we wanted to give our customers the ability to benefit from the differences. they will, once hazed and buffed off, give the same durability and finish [hard versus the similar soft].

Thanks inadvance!
    np 8)

Post Thanks / Like

I like Dodo Juice. I just wish we access to all the line here in the USA. It's next to impossible to get Rubbish Boys, Bouncers, some of the towels, the buckets, and some of the other products without ordering from overseas. No doubt some of the new products will not be readily available stateside. Is this a V.O.C. compliance issue ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I like Dodo Juice. I just wish we access to all the line here in the USA. It's next to impossible to get Rubbish Boys, Bouncers, some of the towels, the buckets, and some of the other products without ordering from overseas. No doubt some of the new products will not be readily available stateside. Is this a V.O.C. compliance issue ??
    I've raised the point as well - I would be very interested in Satsuma Rock (I got pot #4 of the first commercial pour of Bouncer's 22), but the shipping from the UK just kills it for me.

Francis

Post Thanks / Like

The Dodo, thank you very much for taking the time for explaining things to me. I will get another one of your products once I use up atleast 2 of my current 5 nuba's in my collection, I do like the supernatrual stick so far and ofcoarse the applicator is the best, more nuba's should be like that.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

i see they have arrived in the store and ready to be shipped.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast