autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle's New Signature All Purpose Cleaner

Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is another one of the newly released products from the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Line.

Personally I use APC all the time but in somewhat limited capacity - that is up till now. Currently my APC usage is limited to my rear seat cover, floor mats, tar, grease, tires, engine bay and as a pad cleaner. In the past I've tried various non automotive APC cleaners available at the big box stores but after a bad experience, I now strictly purchase a top shelf automotive APC like Opti Power Clean or BF_APC - you get what you pay for and in most cases, I'm using the APC at some diluted strength, which makes the price a lot easier to handle. So on with the review.

My dog comes with me to work every day and she does a pretty decent job of making a mess out of the rear seat cover by the end of the week. Diluted 5/1, sprayed the cover and gently spread with a MF towel. Before & after photos are below. One thing I did notice was a citrus fragrance to the product, which I found pleasant. I'm blessed (or cursed) with a poor sense of smell, but this APC didn't have that "hit you over the head" odor. +1 for that since the cover resides in the interior of my DD.

Next up was the drivers front mat. First photo shows the typically dirt after a week. Lots of sand and dirt get caught in the groves, so I spray the entire surface and then with some "passion" rub the Pinnacle APC in with a soft bristle brush. I finish by using a MF towels and removing all the APC from the grooves and allow to dry for 15 minutes.

Now for the big wow. Up to this point I've only used a carpet specific cleaner. On Nicks suggestion, I gave this new APC a workout with my "protective" floor mat. I use this mat to shield the floor from my wet & dirty sneakers when I drive the car back into the garage from washing it. I'm embarrassed to say that I've never cleaned this mat, but rather toss it out when it gets dirty and find another old one to take its place.

So here you have a small spin on the classic before and after. On the left side I used the Pinnacle APC diluted 5/1. On the right straight out of the bottle at 100%. Sprayed each section and worked into the carpet with a brush. Then blotted the carpet with a MF towels to get the excess chemical out. Much to my surprise not only did the 5/1 solution clean the carpet, but was equal to or better than using the product at full strength. Amazing. I would not have imagine that an APC would work so well for this task.

Summary

Prior to doing this review, I hadn't found a tremendous difference between the top shelf APC products. It's all good and for the light work I require from that product type, doesn't make a huge difference - so I buy what's on AG promotion. However with the new Pinnacle APC, I believe there is a new standard. As of this writing I still don't know the pricing, but assuming it's competitively priced, I would strongly recommend giving this product a try, especially since it's got tons of cleaning power diluted 5/1.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle's New Signature All Purpose Cleaner

Great review!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review

but did you work one side more than other? It makes no sense that a diluted version cleans less than a full dose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    Great review

but did you work one side more than other? It makes no sense that a diluted version cleans less than a full dose
    Right? Not consciously at least and in fact when I saw the full strength side not working as well, I gave that a little more ooph if anything. Maybe the chemical when activated by water works better. I'll leave that to the chemical engineers but I'll be using this APC 5/1 going forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

As an update from my original product review, the more I use the new APC the more I like it. Seem to using APC so much more then ever before all over the car - terrific on door jams, thresholds and of course carpet. Want to try it at 100% on the tires to see if there's a cleaning difference from 5/1 dilution which I'm currently using. FWIW, the testor that Nick gave me for the review is now gone so I just ordered a gallon - it's that good.