autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq EXO - IN STOCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
    I also noticed that it disappeared rite away. I wiped each panel after application but didnt see the need to cause like I said it seamed to just vanish. .
    I just finished putting 2 coat on my black Highlander. As far as vanishing, I noticed hazy streaks if not wiped down fully. I guess it was more noticable on black. So the question is, Do you wipe it down while still wet? I used a short pile edgeless polish removal towel for application and removal. It seemed better to use a softer short pile to buff instead of the ww/edgeless type. Application ws easy, it's like the fuzion of coatings. I will see tomorrow in the sun how it looks.

Last question. Is EXO basically adhered to the paint upon evaporation? Will aditional final buffs affect the layer. I had to go back and buff off the streaks with a little elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like

Lou, you should knock it down right away. Good lighting is a must. Hope you didn't mar your black paint by rubbing too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    I just finished putting 2 coat on my black Highlander. As far as vanishing, I noticed hazy streaks if not wiped down fully. I guess it was more noticable on black. So the question is, Do you wipe it down while still wet? I used a short pile edgeless polish removal towel for application and removal. It seemed better to use a softer short pile to buff instead of the ww/edgeless type. Application ws easy, it's like the fuzion of coatings. I will see tomorrow in the sun how it looks.

Last question. Is EXO basically adhered to the paint upon evaporation? Will aditional final buffs affect the layer. I had to go back and buff off the streaks with a little elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like

for more application information see:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQB0oRKDJ_Y&feature=player_embedded]Gtechniq EXO Demonstration - YouTube[/video]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmz25noz-o&feature=player_embedded]Gtechniq EXO Demonstration part II - YouTube[/video]

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Rsurfer;721379]Did your body shop guy say what he would use?

On the back of the prep sol container it says removes grease and silicone but shouldn't be the last step before painting. I asked my body guy and he said its because it could possibly leave a film.
    yeah there's a product called final wipe. I looked into it and it's basically expensive rubbing alcohol. People that bought it said they would of just used there own ipa mix if they did it again. Again though i think you gotta use something stronger like the prep sol to dissolve and then ipa for a nice clean surface.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Dragonfueled;721448]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Did your body shop guy say what he would use?

yeah there's a product called final wipe. I looked into it and it's basically expensive rubbing alcohol. People that bought it said they would of just used there own ipa mix if they did it again. Again though i think you gotta use something stronger like the prep sol to dissolve and then ipa for a nice clean surface.
    I think IPA is a good idea then. I just dont like the fact that Carpro erasor is definitely leaving something behind on the paint. It leaves a slick, smooth finish, so something is there. But again, like I said, its VERY negligible because the coatings are using there own drying/curing agents which are likely going to clean off the paint somewhat while wiping on.

Post Thanks / Like

On the back of the prep sol container it says removes grease and silicone but shouldn't be the last step before painting. I asked my body guy and he said its because it could possibly leave a film. Carpro is an ipa and states on the bottle that it's for wiping down before using quartz product. I just figured it would remove any remnants of the prepsol and was designed to be used before a quartz product but not strong enough to be used as a stand alone solvent.

I'll try the dark room method. That makes sense to me as you could catch the light on an angle instead of bright lights all over thanks for the tip.
    This may sound strange, but you actually want a weaker light when checking white paint. Nothing over 250 watt IME. When you step up to the dual 500watt (1K total) lights, you actually get a snow blinding effect on the paint. You kind of drown out the defects with so much reflection and lighting. If the room is dark I can actually spot defects very well with just the lighting of the garage door opener.

The bottom line is that white kind of sucks to work on ! lol. I always seem to use more product when working on white compared to a black car..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678