autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    Can Exo be over Wax ?

or Wax on top of Exo ?

Please advise. Thx.
    I think exo needs bare paint or bare coating to bond to! (need citation regarding use over coating!)

But using it over Wax is counterproductive!

Though you can wax over cured exo but it might "Temporarily" reduce or increase exo's gloss and hydrophobic nature, depending on the wax!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq - Now Available at Autogeek!

C1 seems the closest to Cquartz or, in a way...Opti-Coat, though i know the chemistry is different and the claims are different.

so, for a 30ml bottle of C1, how many cars can be done with that 30cc?

also, what kind of longevity can be expected, on average? for instance, CQuartz is basically two years, 2.0 can be permanent, etc.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    with exo you get a inorganic quartz layer that bonds chemically with your paintwork and in essence is a permanent layer of quartz. but same time it contains an organic top layer which gives all the nice things you get from a wax such as a nice slick feel, wet look and extreme hydrophobic function (more so than you would get from a wax).

exo is somewhat swirl resistant but what's neat about it is that it also works with C1/opti seal/c-quartz silicon dioxide (quartz) and silicon carbide coatings. so you can build a scratch resistant layer and then add exo for all it's functionality.

is this really necessary? if you are running a non metallic dark car with a soft finish then sure. but if your vehicle is a light metallic with a hard clear coat then probably not - a double coating of exo is going to work superbly for you.
    Here is the quote from Rob a few pages up about EXO on top of other coatings. Don't know if he meant opti-seal or coat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Here is the quote from Rob a few pages up about EXO on top of other coatings. Don't know if he meant opti-seal or coat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    he definitely meant opti-coat since he referenced what is actually the basic chemistry of it.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry - been travelling for a few days.

to answer the question "Can / Should EXO be placed over a coating like OC, CQ, C1? "

yes it can - it will bond to all of this class of coating ie covalently bonding silicon dioxide/carbide coatings.

and of course it should :lol: seriously. not absolutely necessary but the layer of exo will give you all the nice things you can get from this tech such as slick finish, wet look, superb hydrophobic function and treated right (use pure shampoo not caustic cleaners such as snow foam) this will continue functioning this way for as much as 2 years on an every day car.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great news Rob! I'm in line too for exo!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    sorry - been travelling for a few days.

to answer the question "Can / Should EXO be placed over a coating like OC, CQ, C1? "

yes it can - it will bond to all of this class of coating ie covalently bonding silicon dioxide/carbide coatings.

and of course it should :lol: seriously. not absolutely necessary but the layer of exo will give you all the nice things you can get from this tech such as slick finish, wet look, superb hydrophobic function and treated right (use pure shampoo not caustic cleaners such as snow foam) this will continue functioning this way for as much as 2 years on an every day car.

That is good to hear. I would love to try EXO out and a possible 2 year durability would be very nice.

Question: By "pure" shampoo I am guessing you mean no soaps with gloss enhancers, polymers... So is this to say to get the most out of EXO you need to use G-Wash?

If you use others soaps what is the realistic durability? I have experienced similar durability claims with other products but if you didn't use their whole system the durability was 1/4 or less than the claims.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try EXO. But it last 2 years ? wow.
    And I can't put Canuba Wax on top neither ?

Its great but the thought of not having anything to do for 2 years...

I mean I like waxing and detailing the car. You know, its my alone time and sort of my therapy. Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    That is good to hear. I would love to try EXO out and a possible 2 year durability would be very nice.

Question: By "pure" shampoo I am guessing you mean no soaps with gloss enhancers, polymers... So is this to say to get the most out of EXO you need to use G-Wash?

If you use others soaps what is the realistic durability? I have experienced similar durability claims with other products but if you didn't use their whole system the durability was 1/4 or less than the claims.

there are other pure shampoos around - dodo btbm is one - not done much product testing for US shampoos but I am sure there are others out there.

not a fan of snow foams as they are quite often comprised of caustic ingredients. yes they clean well but so does a good pure high quality shampoo but the shampoo doesn't damage any coatings you have applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I would like to try EXO. But it last 2 years ? wow.
    And I can't put Canuba Wax on top neither ?

Its great but the thought of not having anything to do for 2 years...

I mean I like waxing and detailing the car. You know, its my alone time and sort of my therapy. Just saying...
    if you want to put a 'nuba wax on (we're not a fan ), i would recommend c1 as the base and then put your carnauba wax on.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast