autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq - Now Available at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    only for c1/4/5 which only come in smaller sizes. this product uses a covalent bond to bond with anything plastic which includes acrylic paint/gel coat/polyster urethane paint/trim/rubber etc. all the other products we do are different but as with most coating products, you can use them for several applications. for eg c1.5 can be used on paint/rims/trim/engine bay components/door cards/dash board.
    thanks for the info! yeah, this should be stated on the product page.. just my opinion

what is the rule of thumb in regards to applying a third party sealant, chrome polish, chrome protection on top of the gtech products? will it ruin the gtech finish, still work ok or are the other products no longer needed?

so I'm clear is c4, c5 and 1.5 the same thing? I keep reading that some of the products are the same but labeled incorrectly. I hope that doesn't come across rude - not my intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY View Post
    thanks for the info! yeah, this should be stated on the product page.. just my opinion

what is the rule of thumb in regards to applying a third party sealant, chrome polish, chrome protection on top of the gtech products? will it ruin the gtech finish, still work ok or are the other products no longer needed?

so I'm clear is c4, c5 and 1.5 the same thing? I keep reading that some of the products are the same but labeled incorrectly. I hope that doesn't come across rude - not my intentions.
    it's c1/4/5. they all have the same active ingredients to produce the same film. The cure rate is ever so slightly different but each product will work just as well in place of each other.

c1.5 is a completely different product. it is siloxane based (hence the name) but it doesn't have the same bonding mechanism as C1/4/5 or scratch resistance.

I will work on a spider graph to show how each of our products work on their own or in combination.

Post Thanks / Like

it's c1/4/5. they all have the same active ingredients to produce the same film. The cure rate is ever so slightly different but each product will work just as well in place of each other.

c1.5 is a completely different product. it is siloxane based (hence the name) but it doesn't have the same bonding mechanism as C1/4/5 or scratch resistance.

I will work on a spider graph to show how each of our products work on their own or in combination.
    Thank you very much for your time and input. I look forward to the graph.

Post Thanks / Like

For EXO application, I'm assuming an MF pad will work too, then buff with short nap MF towel? Just don't want lint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    For EXO application, I'm assuming an MF pad will work too, then buff with short nap MF towel? Just don't want lint.
    yes. not a fan of long pile mf cloths. short pile quality (30% polyamide) cloths tend to be faster at removing residue = less passes on the panel = less chance to introduce any marring into that finish that you have sweated blood and guts to achieve.

we are bringing out a suede type mf cloth (v. high quality) which is even more efficient.

Post Thanks / Like

So, for buffing, the CarPro suede MF cloths would work....until your towel is at AG?

Post Thanks / Like

gtechrob,

For prepping for EXO, can CarPro Eraser be used for the final wipe or should you just use an IPA mix (say 15-20% IPA).....or any other suggestions? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    gtechrob,

For prepping for EXO, can CarPro Eraser be used for the final wipe or should you just use an IPA mix (say 15-20% IPA).....or any other suggestions? Thanks.
    we recommend using silicon remover (called panel wipe in the UK). Mike says he has a product in his store called Prep-All - had a look through the MSDS sheet for this and this would be perfect.

IPA/Eraser aren't as good at removing polish or other residues.

Post Thanks / Like

with the recommended 2 coatings you will get between 6 and 8 cars. recommended application is to spray onto a microfibre cloth and spread with this and remove residue with a second. this way is more efficient and faster as you will only have product on the panel you are working on.
    Can you apply C1.5 in a similar fashion, or is the recommended application method still spray on panel and wipe?
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    Can you apply C1.5 in a similar fashion, or is the recommended application method still spray on panel and wipe?
    c1.5 does not have a covalent bond so it can be applied as you would any physically bonding sealant. it can be applied over glazes/waxes/other sealants too.

best way is to spray onto a mf cloth, spread and then buff with a second working one panel at a time. 2 coats is optimal. any more and you risk getting excess product onto panels.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast