autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornador black! Cant wait!

Im so excited! I just ordered my 15 gallon 5cfm@90psi compressor and my tornador black! I can't wait! SO excited for this!!

If this think makes quick work of the gunk built up on the lip of cup holders and makes cleaning leather and fabric seats easier and can break up the ground in dirt in that tumbleweed style carpet in a pontiac vibe and Honda Fit (and also trunks of vehicles) then i will be the happiest detailer ever.

Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador black! Cant wait!

I wonder how is the Tornador black compare to a steamer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    I wonder how is the Tornador black compare to a steamer?
    I bet it can hold its own. besides its using a different method of cleaning. Any steamer worth while is going to be a thousand bucks or more. The tornador is 200 bucks. I think its worth its weight.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Kris

The VX5000 that's often praised on this and other forums sells for US$795. I know almost nothing about steam cleaners, but apparently the VX5000 is a good value.

Which compressor did you choose? I'm considering the 10-gallon, 2HP model from Harbor Freight.

Please do a video (or several) of your compressor and Tornador getting the job done. I'd be interested in a Tornador mainly for cleaning wheels and tires quickly and thoroughly.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like

I find for most things the tornador works just as well as a steamer. I now use the tornador more than I do my steamer. I save the steamer for areas that the tornador doesn't work so well on, mostly carpet stains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Black Tornador. It does a great job. Compared to the VX5000, it is a different device. They both have their place. Since I bought the Dupray steamer, I use it on everything. Often, I will use the Tornador with a mixture of OPM and follow with the steamer. As good as the Tornador is, their are some stains that require steam and extraction. If you are on a budget or can only get one device, the Tornador is a great choice. Enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Kris

The VX5000 that's often praised on this and other forums sells for US$795. I know almost nothing about steam cleaners, but apparently the VX5000 is a good value.

Which compressor did you choose? I'm considering the 10-gallon, 2HP model from Harbor Freight.

Please do a video (or several) of your compressor and Tornador getting the job done. I'd be interested in a Tornador mainly for cleaning wheels and tires quickly and thoroughly.
    I looked at the vx5000 for quite some time. There are much better steamers out there but again double the price. And again the Tornador is 199 a fraction of the price. If you only used it for wheels and tires that would be an expensive misuse of a tool. Lets say you bought a turbo 911 porsche just to go get groceries in.....
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the Tornador gun but I think it works pretty good for interior and door jambs. might not have enough power for cleaning tire and wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    I don't have the Tornador gun but I think it works pretty good for interior and door jambs. might not have enough power for cleaning tire and wheel.
    It does, but its not the most practical for those applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    It does, but its not the most practical for those applications.
    I agree. I find that when it comes to wheels and tires you just have to man up and get in there. Put your cleaner on (sonax full effect, amazing roll off, degreaser whatever) scrub your tires with a tire brush. Scrub your wheels with a good brush lie the Daytona wheel brush. (or just remove the wheel like I do sometimes.) I like to wrap my finger up with a microfiber cloth and crib every crack. It's ugly dirty work but it beats most machines.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast