autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Important notice about Fog Fight !!!

Hi Guys

lately there were some confusion about the Fog Fight application

so i researched this with our engineers and made some tests!

we found out that the room temp effect allot the curing of the coat on the glass and thats why it can make the streak or haze if its wiped off too soon..
    so here is the update about the application :

let cure before wipe off !!!!
    -5 ~ 20 deg.C = 10 min
    20 ~ 30 deg.C = 1 min.

make sure you apply on dry surface!! and full covering the glass while applying , spray even twice to fully cover everything
    this will prevent the streaks and haze you got..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Important notice about Fog Fight !!!

Thanks for the update! I was starting to have second thoughts with everybody's experience but knew the carpro prod. I tried was great to me so next in my cart. Thanks again and glad to see someone else up this early in the morning I'm at work won't get sleep for another 4 hrs.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Hi Guys

we found out that the room temp effect allot the curing of the coat on the glass and thats why it can make the streak or haze if its wiped off too soon..

-5 ~ 20 deg.C = 10 min
    20 ~ 30 deg.C = 1 min.
    make sure you apply on dry surface!! and full covering the glass while applying , spray even twice to fully cover everything
    That's some really good information to have Avi, thanks for posting!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it's good information, but I have to question why it was not included in the original product instructions. Seems like the product was not tested in a sufficient range of conditions prior to release.

I've noticed various threads with the same issue - incorrect/inadequate instructions - with regards to CQuartz curing. I hope this post isn't taken the wrong way, but rather looked on as constructive criticism - as something that can be improved on. After all, not everyone who buys these products will frequent various forums and discover these updated instructions.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Avi. That's good to know. I was actually curious about the application and wiping earlier method. I haven't used the fogfight yet myself.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys

-5 ~ 20 deg.C = 10 min
    20 ~ 30 deg.C = 1 min.

For those of us who deal with temperatures in Fahrenheit here is the conversion:
    23 - 68 (degrees F) = 10 min
    68 - 86 (degrees F) = 1 min
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    I agree that it's good information, but I have to question why it was not included in the original product instructions. Seems like the product was not tested in a sufficient range of conditions prior to release.

I've noticed various threads with the same issue - incorrect/inadequate instructions - with regards to CQuartz curing. I hope this post isn't taken the wrong way, but rather looked on as constructive criticism - as something that can be improved on. After all, not everyone who buys these products will frequent various forums and discover these updated instructions.
    Fog Fight was tested in this winter time, but since any chemical coat is vary reaction on the environment temp/humidity we cant control or test all over the world.
    the application is correct for normal winter condition(dry atmosphere) ,for very cold temp and humid it need to cure more time on surface.
    many customers around the world which we sold lately didnt have any issue with the fogfight.
    since its very low consumption per windscreen, (round 10ml) , only lately launched it and easy to remove it , i dont see much "damaged" done for updating the application so quickly.
    you are right , it should be on the sticker, and it will, but until then, thats fast update.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post

Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are just implying in general. The instructions on a few a products are a little vague.
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like every manufacturer makes something in the lab and it goes straight to production.

I wish every company would test more in the real world. Give samples to professional detailers and have them play with it. Heck, I would over test everything before selling a product then you would avoid problems.It may cost more up front but at least you won't have to redo a label or change a formulation, or lose out on sales because people don't trust your new products.

It makes me wanna stay away from CarPro's new products. I know some are great but the history of problems on new products is getting old. Don't take it personally - take it as constructive criticism and make your product line and reputation better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast