autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

First Impressions: Sonax Glass Cleaner

Early this morning I headed out to the Show Car Garage to test some new products. One of them happened to be a new glass cleaner from one of Germany's most well-known and respected manufacturers of premium car care products - Sonax.

I grabbed a bottle of Sonax Glass Cleaner and a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel and went on the hunt for a dirty windshield.

Sonax Glass Cleaner is available in one size, 16.9 ounces, or 500ml for all my European friends. Like other Sonax products, the packaging is very nice and the instructions are clear and concise. Sonax Glass Cleaner is phosphate-free and promises to deeply clean even the filthiest glass.

Sonax Glass Cleaner is designed to be used on glass that is cool to the touch. Like many other glass cleaners, if it is used on a hot surface streaking is inevitable. Per the directions on the bottle, I sprayed a liberal amount on the windshield and immediately wiped it off using a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel.

Here is what the towel looked like after cleaning just half of the windshield.

I flipped the towel to a clean, dry side and lightly buffed off any remaining residue.

Sonax Glass Cleaner works great and left a haze-free and streak-free finish. The product has no learning curve and couldn't possibly be any easier to use, especially when paired with a Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel. Sonax Glass Cleaner is also competitively priced at $11.99 for a 16.9 oz.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Sonax Glass Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Impressions: Sonax Glass Cleaner

The thing I love most about Sonax is, THEIR SPRAY BOTTLES! They just feel so good in my hand. The Cobra WW is AMAZING. It has changed the way I think about cleaning glass. Thanks for sharing Nick!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    The thing I love most about Sonax is, THEIR SPRAY BOTTLES! They just feel so good in my hand. The Cobra WW is AMAZING. It has changed the way I think about cleaning glass. Thanks for sharing Nick!
    I agree with Shoeless. The Cobra WW is my all time fav glass towel.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nick, any thoughts on comparisons to Stoners or Megs glass cleaners?
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

This does look like a nice glass cleaner. However I would not call it cost effective compared to other glass cleaners that are out there. Which means it better do a ridiculously good job cleaning the window for someone like me to consider it.

opie_7afe

does look like a good glass cleaner but in my opinion i don't like "soapy" glass cleaners, and this looks to be one judging by the froth on top of the liquid level. i found the ones that foam up when shaken or agitated will streak more in the sun or if glass is hot vs something like invisible glass which don't have that "soapy" look and feel to it. but that is just my opinion. still wondering if the meguiars glass cleaner concentrate has that typical glass cleaner "soapy" feel. mchess1 stoners invisible glass is great stuff, not as cheap as meguiars but does work great with no streaking unless its user error. i still want to try the meguiars glass cleaner due to price point and i'm a meguiars fan lol.if i had some megs glass cleaner i surely would send you a sample to try but i do not.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    mchess1 stoners invisible glass is great stuff, not as cheap as meguiars but does work great with no streaking unless its user error. i still want to try the meguiars glass cleaner due to price point and i'm a meguiars fan lol.if i had some megs glass cleaner i surely would send you a sample to try but i do not.....
    thanks Matt. I have used stoners and Meg's before, wondered if the price point of sonax justified it.

Just like on wheel cleaners, sonax does a good job but makes p21s look cheap. I won't even Go into how much of a bargain sonax makes Megs wheel cleaner look like.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mchess1 View Post
    Hey Nick, any thoughts on comparisons to Stoners or Megs glass cleaners?
    What really surprised me about the Sonax is its strong cleaning ability. Generally when I clean glass that dirty, it takes a second application of the glass cleaner to give it that perfect clarity. That wasn't required with the Sonax which really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    does look like a good glass cleaner but in my opinion i don't like "soapy" glass cleaners, and this looks to be one judging by the froth on top of the liquid level. i found the ones that foam up when shaken or agitated will streak more in the sun or if glass is hot vs something like invisible glass which don't have that "soapy" look and feel to it. but that is just my opinion. still wondering if the meguiars glass cleaner concentrate has that typical glass cleaner "soapy" feel. mchess1 stoners invisible glass is great stuff, not as cheap as meguiars but does work great with no streaking unless its user error. i still want to try the meguiars glass cleaner due to price point and i'm a meguiars fan lol.if i had some megs glass cleaner i surely would send you a sample to try but i do not.....
    Find something that you like and use it often.

Post Thanks / Like

I've yet to stock up on glass cleaning supplies...Sonax has a great rep and I just might have to try this out...
    2011 Ford Edge Limited - White Platinum Metallic
    2012 Ford F150 FX4 Lux - Sterling Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I like the packaging! For some strange reason it makes me want to put it in my cart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast