autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro's So2Pure has a rival?

I'm a fan of ALL things CarPro,including CarPro's odor eliminator So2Pure.
    CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml.

The So2Pure is 120ml for $19.99

But looking at AG's store,I seen this in the "New Products" tab"
    Wurth Eco Biological Odor Eliminator, odor remover

The Wurth odor remover sounds like it's a similar product in it's description.
    But the Wurth is 500ml for $24.99

Has anyone used this new Wurth product(yet)?
    For $5 more and over 2x's the product,sounds like I may be trying it myself.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro's So2Pure has a rival?

Chris, How do you know it's the same thing? I have searched for the instructions to this product to see if it says it needs light to activate it like the SoPure does. Does it have the same mechanism to eliminate the odors, or are you just saying that they're both odor eliminators?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Chris, How do you know it's the same thing? I have searched for the instructions to this product to see if it says it needs light to activate it like the SoPure does. Does it have the same mechanism to eliminate the odors, or are you just saying that they're both odor eliminators?
    Hey Richy,very sorry for any confusion.
    When I said "they seem similar",I was referring to they both eliminate odors.

I was thinking on the business end that if the Wurth works as good as the So2Pure on customer odor's,it would be a good option profit wise.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like
    I used so2pure today on a mildew smell on a 4runner interior. I dont care for the smell at first but it disipates to a pleasant citrus like scent within a couple of hours. 12 hours later a very clean smell remains, completely eliminating the original funk. Just from quickly skimming over the Wurth product, I think one main difference is that so2pure doesnt stop working after the odor is eliminated, and provides a barrier attacking future odors as they are introduced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    I used so2pure today on a mildew smell on a 4runner interior. I dont care for the smell at first but it disipates to a pleasant citrus like scent within a couple of hours. 12 hours later a very clean smell remains, completely eliminating the original funk. Just from quickly skimming over the Wurth product, I think one main difference is that so2pure doesnt stop working after the odor is eliminated, and provides a barrier attacking future odors as they are introduced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Exactly!
    and not killing odors only.. its killing germs, bacterias, viruses, micro organism on the surface its applied, if you wont wipe it off after applying it will continue work up to 6 months.
    we have bigger size containers which are much cheaper(including eco refills), if there will be demand im sure AG will stock it

Post Thanks / Like

-Although Wurth has many excellent products, some have restricted ingress into some areas of the USA....(ex.:Calif.'s Prop. 65).....

-This Wurth's odor eliminator product contains a water that's "special" enough to have its own CAS#.

-Don't know if by containing this type of "water" will cause this particular Wurth product to incur similar restrictions or not. But considering that it is touted as a "green product", it doesn't seem likely.

-I've never heard that Avi's So2Pure product is "Not for Sale", as in a Prop 65 restricted manner, or any other manner.

As far as effectiveness of either of these products: IMO...Sometimes a person must weigh the Lab reports against empirical results.

As the saying goes: "The nose knows"!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering trying this. I just like having smelly stuff in my car especially when I have gym clothes in there from the morning
    Trent
    PRD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    -Although Wurth has many excellent products, some have restricted ingress into some areas of the USA....(ex.:Calif.'s Prop. 65).....

-This Wurth's odor eliminator product contains a water that's "special" enough to have its own CAS#.

-Don't know if by containing this type of "water" will cause this particular Wurth product to incur similar restrictions or not. But considering that it is touted as a "green product", it doesn't seem likely.

-I've never heard that Avi's So2Pure product is "Not for Sale", as in a Prop 65 restricted manner, or any other manner.

As far as effectiveness of either of these products: IMO...Sometimes a person must weigh the Lab reports against empirical results.

As the saying goes: "The nose knows"!

Bob
    Bob, I can tell you this. It's worked for me and for a bunch of people to whom I've recommended it and subsequently tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Bob, I can tell you this. It's worked for me and for a bunch of people to whom I've recommended it and subsequently tried it.
    That I do not doubt, Richy!

I was trying to point out to the OP that sometimes the price point of products shouldn't be the sole factor in choosing one product over another....The effectiveness of a product (and its number of applications to achieve that effectiveness), and their usage safety, may be of more importance.

Thanks again for your input, my good man.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti