autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok, We Wanna Know About Optimum GPS

We will have GPS in stock in a matter of days so hang tight....

Post Thanks / Like

Hanging tight...........

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    We will have GPS in stock in a matter of days so hang tight....
    Can't wait to give some GPS a try. I was talking to Chris at Optimum at SEMA about GPS. It sounds like a fantastic product.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

too bad I still have a whole bunch of poli-seal and dg501, but I want to give the hyper polishing spray version a try with mf polishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...I'm gonna take my thread off-topic...the Meg's MF pads have a different color foam plus they are debossed with DMF and DMC--how do you tell the difference between the Optimum MF cutting and finishing pads--especially since it's been stated that the MF is the same on both (while the MF on the Meg's pads is purportedly different between the two)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ok...I'm gonna take my thread off-topic...the Meg's MF pads have a different color foam plus they are debossed with DMF and DMC--how do you tell the difference between the Optimum MF cutting and finishing pads--especially since it's been stated that the MF is the same on both (while the MF on the Meg's pads is purportedly different between the two)?
    If I am not mistaken the foam color is different

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Let's just say I know a guy. The MF is the same. Meg's foam is closed cell while ours is open cell. You can put your mouth up to each and blow and you will see that ours lets the air pass and Meg's doesn't. While the idea more heat=greater correction, that's a bad idea with MF pads. With two points of lamination, excessive heat will disentigrate the pads. Its not that lower speeds are the "sweet spot", but that at higher speeds they get too hot. There's very little difference the mf for theirs, ours, cutting, polishing...but the foam and lamination process make the difference. That's why ours can be used on forced rotation machines and at higher speeds. Oh, and ours are assembled in the USA and cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    Let's just say I know a guy. The MF is the same. Meg's foam is closed cell while ours is open cell. You can put your mouth up to each and blow and you will see that ours lets the air pass and Meg's doesn't. While the idea more heat=greater correction, that's a bad idea with MF pads. With two points of lamination, excessive heat will disentigrate the pads. Its not that lower speeds are the "sweet spot", but that at higher speeds they get too hot. There's very little difference the mf for theirs, ours, cutting, polishing...but the foam and lamination process make the difference. That's why ours can be used on forced rotation machines and at higher speeds. Oh, and ours are assembled in the USA and cheaper.
    ???

I think Setec Astronomy was asking how to identify which Optimum MF pad is the cutting pad and which is the polishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    too bad I still have a whole bunch of poli-seal and dg501, but I want to give the hyper polishing spray version a try with mf polishing pad.
    I couldn't wait so I made by own GPS by putting some poliseal, DG501, and black hole glaze into a zep spray bottle with some distilled then shaking it up

now to find a car to try it on...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niele View Post
    ???

I think Setec Astronomy was asking how to identify which Optimum MF pad is the cutting pad and which is the polishing pad.
    I reread his post and I think you're right! At first I thought he was wanting a comparison.

Optimum Cutting Pads will have a yellow interface foam and be slightly thicker than the polishing pads. Optimum Polishing Pads will have a beige interface foam. They will both come in 3.25", 5.25", and 6.25" sizes with 4.25' coming soon that will work on Cyclo. We will have rotary plates in 3", 5", and 6"...and DA plates in 3", and 5" (for both 5.25" and 6.25").

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast