autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Product! SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

I've got to say, this is easily one of the coolest products I've used to date! Not only does it do a great job cleaning wheels, but it also puts on a bit of a show in the process.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner

SONAX Wheel Cleaner safely and effectively eliminates the most stubborn dirt such as brake dust, oil and rubber residue. Color-change foam lets you know it's working! SONAX Wheel Cleaner's acid-free, non-corrosive formula is safe on all types of painted, alloy, anodized, clear coated, chrome, aluminum and stainless steel wheels. Clean with confidence!
    The guinea pig for this test was John's 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. The wheels were filthy and haven't been cleaned in a couple weeks, so it was a pretty good candidate.

Always rinse first to ensure the surface is cool. If your wheels are really dirty, a good bit of brake dust will also run off during rinsing...

Spraying the cleaner - you can see it goes on green.

But wait, what's happening? Is that blood?!??! Nope, just a really cool wheel cleaner that turns red when it interacts with brake dust.

Got my trusty Daytona Speedmaster...this particular one is around 1.5-2 years old and has been used weekly and sometimes bi-weeklywithout issue. While the stem is not as rigid as it once was, it still does a great job cleaning. Yes, the rubber tip is still intact as well. Not too shabby for a flexible wheel brush that's been used 75+ times...

Montana Boar's Hair Wheel Brush for the face of the wheel.

A lot of brake dust came off this wheel...

Rinsed and clean.

My opinion of this product has been very good thus far. We used it to clean all of John's wheels and tires and it did a great job cutting through the brake dust and left the tires looking brand new. It's a pretty thick gel and clings very well while providing plenty of sudsing action upon agigation, as shown in the pics. If you enjoy detailing, you need to try this wheel cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Product! SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

AG is a bit late in getting this product out huh? Another vender has had it for months now. Its good stuff. I pick up a 5L jug of it recently.

Just want to state that this wheel cleaner is ment to be used on dry wheels and you should not rinse them down before hand.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Happy That AG Decided to Carry SONAX,

Sonax Wheel Cleaner is Diffidently the Best Out There , Grabbed the 17oz bottle and tried it on my 2 weeks Dirty Wheels,
    was so impressed with it i Went back the same day and got the 5L Version

Highly Recommend it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    AG is a bit late in getting this product out huh? Another vender has had it for months now. Its good stuff. I pick up a 5L jug of it recently.

Just want to state that this wheel cleaner is ment to be used on dry wheels and you should not rinse them down before hand.
    It doesn't state that anywhere on the bottle nor the manufacturer's website. I had great results using it on a damp wheel....the wheels were warm and the bottle says not to spray it on a warm surface, so naturally, I chose to rinse them. Where did you get this information from?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!! This looks like just the thing for me.

Why so? Does the water on the wheel dilute it to much? Seemed to come out nice here.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

AG is a bit late in getting this product out huh?
    Actually we were carrying Sonax as recently as 2007 when it was distributed in the US under the NTS7 label. The Sonax USA team were even at Detail Fest 2. We offered NTS7 by Sonax until it was no longer available in the US and now was a great time to rekindle our relationship with Sonax.

Post Thanks / Like

The wheels look new afterwards!! I'll give it a try!
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Nice!! This looks like just the thing for me.

Why so? Does the water on the wheel dilute it to much? Seemed to come out nice here.

This was a blast to work with. It's always good to see something new and exciting on the warehouse shelves.

I personally didn't notice the water diluting the cleaner. You can clearly see the product going to work and really getting that color changing cleaning action going on.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were talking to Sonax President he said this Wheel Cleaner is by far their best seller, their is not a person that tries this out that doesn't like it. With that being said I am going to "borrow" a bottle off the shelves before they are all gone by you guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    When we were talking to Sonax President he said this Wheel Cleaner is by far their best seller, their is not a person that tries this out that doesn't like it. With that being said I am going to "borrow" a bottle off the shelves before they are all gone by you guys!
    Yeah Meghan, post some pics of your 300 all Sonaxed out!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast