Quote Originally Posted by vegasdenali View Post
My wife just got a new car tonight and I'm thinking of trying OptiCoat on it. Since it's a brand new car, what do you recommend for the prep? Mainly I was wondering if I should still polish even though it's a new car? I was thinking after washing that I should still do a quick polish using my menzerna po85rd followed by an IPA wipedown but wasn't sure if that would be overkill. I guess it's just a matter of whether or not I'm ok with whatever imperfections are there from the dealer lot but was curious what other people have done.
I would recommend a polish before applying OC, if for no other reason to make sure any sealant/wax applied by the dealer is removed.

Here's a new car I did for my wife's aunt, 2011 Toyota Camry DISO removal and Opti-Coat.

I was thinking of doing the same as you, just a good wash and then coating it, but as you can see the paint was in pretty bad shape from the dealer. I use OPT polishes which is nice when I opti-coat b/c all that is needed is a wipe down with a damp cloth before applying the OC.