autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do I take care of new car leather interior?

Leathermaster is another great line ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Same question, but is there a wait period on a new car when you just use a damp micro fiber cloth before switching to a product?

have used Lexol on my previous car (BMW 528i) with great results, but should I jump right in with it on a new car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhrees View Post
    Same question, but is there a wait period on a new car when you just use a damp micro fiber cloth before switching to a product?

have used Lexol on my previous car (BMW 528i) with great results, but should I jump right in with it on a new car?
    no wait period.

The sooner the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle/Wolfgang cleaner and conditioner will leave your car feeling soft without the grease, smelling like new leather. When I detail any vehicle with leather I'll use it and the first thing my clients say is "Hum smells new!"
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have coated leather, the conditioner is doing absolutely nothing to protect it
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody for giving a good response.
    Now I am really very happy and tension free about my car leather interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If you have coated leather, the conditioner is doing absolutely nothing to protect it

I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    while that is fact in a way, its not entirely true. The reality is that a leather conditioner still makes the leather feel supple and smooth (and possibly smell clean or nice). Which is the part that counts, considering you are spending the most time with your butt in the seat. They also add further UV protection.

So IMO and IME, a leather conditioner is still an important step to do after cleaning the seats.

Also after you clean your finished leather seats, which have a clear vinyl coating (that defines finished leather), there is the potential for the vinyl coating to look and feel dried out. possibly more-so based on what you use to clean the finished leather. So for the same reason people like to protect and condition there vinyl interior parts, the same goes for the clear vinyl coated seats...

The conditioners contain UV protection. and while your cars paint already has UV protection from the factory, does that stop people from waxing and sealing them ?

With that said, there are quite a few products which were designed specifically for finished leather care. Two of them off the top of my head are :

1z leathercare - clean and condition

Sonax Leather foam - clean and condition

Post Thanks / Like

I have used pinnacle cleaner and conditioner with amazing results. After you buff the leather, it leaves a really nice matt finish. It is not greasy at all. The best part is sliding in and out of your seats. I am going to try leather master next. The smell is neutral and not intrusive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    while that is fact in a way, its not entirely true. The reality is that a leather conditioner still makes the leather feel supple and smooth (and possibly smell clean or nice). Which is the part that counts, considering you are spending the most time with your butt in the seat. They also add further UV protection.

So IMO and IME, a leather conditioner is still an important step to do after cleaning the seats.

Also after you clean your finished leather seats, which have a clear vinyl coating (that defines finished leather), there is the potential for the vinyl coating to look and feel dried out. possibly more-so based on what you use to clean the finished leather. So for the same reason people like to protect and condition there vinyl interior parts, the same goes for the clear vinyl coated seats...

The conditioners contain UV protection. and while your cars paint already has UV protection from the factory, does that stop people from waxing and sealing them ?

With that said, there are quite a few products which were designed specifically for finished leather care. Two of them off the top of my head are :

1z leathercare - clean and condition

Sonax Leather foam - clean and condition

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one. The next thread though, I bet we're 100% together on
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast