autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *NEW* DP Poli Coat Paint Sealant!

What is the consistancy supposed to be? Is it more liquid or toothpaste consistancy?

I don't know if I mixed mine enough as it was more like toothpaste

Jenn

Post Thanks / Like

It's like toothpaste. I know it says shake well before using, but when I shook mine, you couldn't really hear anything moving because it's so think. It spread easy enough on the car though. I just applied it on my wife's car (DD, outdoors 24/7) on Sunday. Slickness was alright. Nothing spectacular, like Menzerna Power Lock (I have that on my car.). I usually wash her car every other week. I'm tempted to skip my once-a-month waxing of her car just to see how durable Poly-Coat is. Just gotta remember when I waxed her car last.

Post Thanks / Like

are you saying it's like powerlock or that powerlock is spectacular? powerlock is the 1st non local store sealant i've used and just wondering for future purchases. i really like the powerlock's look and slickness but if it's just middle of the road i'd like to know?thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    It's like toothpaste. I know it says shake well before using, but when I shook mine, you couldn't really hear anything moving because it's so think. It spread easy enough on the car though. I just applied it on my wife's car (DD, outdoors 24/7) on Sunday. Slickness was alright. Nothing spectacular, like Menzerna Power Lock (I have that on my car.). I usually wash her car every other week. I'm tempted to skip my once-a-month waxing of her car just to see how durable Poly-Coat is. Just gotta remember when I waxed her car last.
    I didn't know if it was like 845 and started out thick but after shaking up it is much more liquid.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it on my wife's car. Looks and feels awesome on the paint...But sorry guys pollen still sticks to the car...LOL....

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 bottles on the way, gonna try it out on the wife and in laws cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    are you saying it's like powerlock or that powerlock is spectacular? powerlock is the 1st non local store sealant i've used and just wondering for future purchases. i really like the powerlock's look and slickness but if it's just middle of the road i'd like to know?thanks
    From my experience so far, Powerlock feels slicker. Application and removal are about the same.

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience so far, Powerlock feels slicker. Application and removal are about the same.
    Which one has the advantage as far as looks and water beading/sheeting?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Which one has the advantage as far as looks and water beading/sheeting?
    It hasn't rained and I haven't washed either yet (I applied them both less than a week ago), so I can't make comments on beading/sheeting.
    I can't really compare the looks between the two of them because they are on different cars with different colors. What I can say is that Powerlock looks about the same as FMJ (A good thing, since I love FMJ's gloss!) and Blackfire. Very crisp shine and nice depth without looking too plastic.
    My wife's 07' Accord is Taffeta White (SS white) and the paint was already in bad condition when we bought the car. That being said, I've done my best to keep it smooth and clean. The Poly-Coat looks about the same as any other sealant I've put on it (e.g. Mother's reflection, Zaino AIO, z5).

Post Thanks / Like

It hasn't rained and I haven't washed either yet (I applied them both less than a week ago), so I can't make comments on beading/sheeting.
    I can't really compare the looks between the two of them because they are on different cars with different colors. What I can say is that Powerlock looks about the same as FMJ (A good thing, since I love FMJ's gloss!) and Blackfire. Very crisp shine and nice depth without looking too plastic.
    My wife's 07' Accord is Taffeta White (SS white) and the paint was already in bad condition when we bought the car. That being said, I've done my best to keep it smooth and clean. The Poly-Coat looks about the same as any other sealant I've put on it (e.g. Mother's reflection, Zaino AIO, z5).
    Do you currently have a favorite out of the two?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast