autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge

Automatically and accurately measures coatings on ANY metal.

The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge measures the paint thickness on all metals, including steel and aluminum. Before you buy a used car or begin reconditioning a damaged finish, check the paint's thickness for clues about its condition and history. The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge provides invaluable information for car professionals, detailers, and car buyers!

The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge is superior to other paint gauges on the market because it works on any metal and it automatically identifies the surface. Measurements are displayed instantly on a large LCD screen that is viewable from any angle.

The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge has a number of practical uses for detailers, dealerships, repair shops, painters, and more. Here's a brief list:

• Detailers, both professional and hobbyists, use the Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge to determine the depth of paint to avoid over-polishing. With this powerful knowledge, you'll know what areas of the vehicle to avoid or where to tread gently when removing imperfections.
    • Car Refinishers can deliver an even, consistent paint finish by identifying thin or thick areas of paint and adjusting the application accordingly. Using the Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge improves the quality of a repaint and takes the guesswork out of getting an even coat.

• Body shop and repair technicians can identify areas of thin paint or determine the depth of paint damage, such as water spot etching. The Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge identifies where more clear coating or paint stripping is needed.
    • Car buyers or dealerships can identify refinish work on vehicles. Areas of thicker paint indicate refinish work, which impacts the value of a vehicle. Previously you had to rely on a visual inspection but now the Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge can tell you for sure if the vehicle has undergone body work. Don't go to a car auction without it!

Defelsko Paint Thickness Gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Defelsko PosiTest DFT Combo Electronic Paint Thickness Gauge

We used that gauge during Sundays 102 class with Mike .Very easy to use and was helpfull in determining if the hoods we used it on were repainted or not.To bad it doesn't work on Corvettes.I know it's not a inexpensive tool but if you do detailing as a full time job i would see the need for it.Being more of a hobbiest i can't see spending that kind of money on one.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

It's not cheap, but one mess up with a rotary and a repaint later would pay for itself if you tested the panel first with the PTG first and avoided the trouble!

Glad to see one being sold.

Now to save up my pennies and nickels!
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like

The cool feature I like on it is, its like an iPhone you flip it and the reading flip with you. So the display is always the right way up instead of upside down... if that makes sense to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    The cool feature I like on it is, its like an iPhone you flip it and the reading flip with you. So the display is always the right way up instead of upside down... if that makes sense to you!
    For that kind of price tag it better do some cool other things then just read paint thickness
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord. Try coming up with an acronym for that!

Im going to have to look into what goes in the making of a paint thickness gauge. Nasty price.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    good lord. Try coming up with an acronym for that!

Im going to have to look into what goes in the making of a paint thickness gauge. Nasty price.
    DFT or PTG

Post Thanks / Like

It is a good tool. Works great, its a little pricey but if your doing alot or rotary work or wet sanding I would get one.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately 9 out of 10 cars I do are plastic. If it wasn't for that I would own one. Obviously the one I need is way more money than this one. I don't detail enough cars to pay off this one let alone the one for plastic cars. GREAT tool though.