autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a pinch there are two other ways to clean out a cars smell a/c unit. First is to see if your car is equipped with a HEPA or In-cabin filter. These must be changed often, like your air filter.

Second is to turn on the car, turn the a/c on full tilt, and then open the hood. Spray Lysol directly into the air intake vents (up along the cowl) and allow it penetrate and circulate thru the car. You can also spray lysol into the heater vent intake (usually on passenger side, inside car, next to transmission tunneling). The Clean-air spray does that same thing with a nice minty smell.

As for the fogger, my worry is getting the stuff all over the glass and other materials like dash and leather.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    In a pinch there are two other ways to clean out a cars smell a/c unit. First is to see if your car is equipped with a HEPA or In-cabin filter. These must be changed often, like your air filter.

Second is to turn on the car, turn the a/c on full tilt, and then open the hood. Spray Lysol directly into the air intake vents (up along the cowl) and allow it penetrate and circulate thru the car. You can also spray lysol into the heater vent intake (usually on passenger side, inside car, next to transmission tunneling). The Clean-air spray does that same thing with a nice minty smell.

As for the fogger, my worry is getting the stuff all over the glass and other materials like dash and leather.
    I didn't notice any remnants. Believe me I would notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    I didn't notice any remnants. Believe me I would notice.
    It doesnt leave anyting before that will harm the leather or the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scdfloordaycare
    Here's the link I followed for my Acura legend to show how easy it was to change for me. I had rotting leaves and dust just like the pictures that was producing the smell.

http://acura-legend.com/vbulletin/sh...ad.php?t=69148
    Great link, thanks!! Can you really just use a regular air conditioning filter and cut it to fit?? Has anyone tried that?

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds interesting, i wonder if it can get the "pizza boy" smell outta my truck its been a year or 2 since i had that job...but every now and again i still catch a wiff of pizza in it.....the vent treatment would also be a help as well while i was ripping apart my dash to re-install my radio i decided to take some orange based cleaner and go after all the vents...i dont use the a/c much but the heater is a MUST for me in the cold months....

i was also thinking about the lysol comment, doesnt lysol turn plastic white ? I had an experience with lysol on my tv, turned the black buttons white.

This will save me a good ammount on those little vanilla scented trees and the spray cans that comes with them !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95DodgeRam
    sounds interesting, i wonder if it can get the "pizza boy" smell outta my truck its been a year or 2 since i had that job...but every now and again i still catch a wiff of pizza in it.....the vent treatment would also be a help as well while i was ripping apart my dash to re-install my radio i decided to take some orange based cleaner and go after all the vents...i dont use the a/c much but the heater is a MUST for me in the cold months....

i was also thinking about the lysol comment, doesnt lysol turn plastic white ? I had an experience with lysol on my tv, turned the black buttons white.

This will save me a good ammount on those little vanilla scented trees and the spray cans that comes with them !
    I haven't used the fogger yet, but I have used the Clean Air spray and I can tell you that it really works. I had a nasty mildewy smell that circulated through the cabin whenever I turned my AC on. I used the Clean Air and it is gone!! It leaves the air with a nice clean smell. I definitely recommend it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123