autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: turtle wax " black box "

Quote Originally Posted by VWR32 View Post
    Okay, forgive me for being a detail-snob, but I personally think that all Turtle Wax products are bad. I have tried a few color specific waxes, and the difference is extremely subtle. Your money would be better spent on a good carnauba wax, like P21S Concours-Look carnauba, or Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. I tried about 6 different color-specific waxes at the end of the summer, and I thought that the better 2 were Zymol Carbon for dark colored cars and Dodo Juice Orange Crush for warm colored cars.
    Best of Luck,
    VWR32
    You have to admit, there's a lot to learn about proper detailing of cars, and the level to which most people go on this forum is far and above what the average joe does. Plus, with so many products offered, it does take some time to get comfortable with what you're buying (I know it has been for me, an OTC guy all of my life prior to AG).

That being said--and along with the obligatory, "if it looks good to you, that's all that matters"--Black Box is IMO a pretty solid OTC product. No, it won't correct and no it won't last for 6 months, but for the average weekend warrior, it produces dynamite results on a car with paint in good condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWR32 View Post
    Okay, forgive me for being a detail-snob, but I personally think that all Turtle Wax products are bad. I have tried a few color specific waxes, and the difference is extremely subtle. Your money would be better spent on a good carnauba wax, like P21S Concours-Look carnauba, or Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax. I tried about 6 different color-specific waxes at the end of the summer, and I thought that the better 2 were Zymol Carbon for dark colored cars and Dodo Juice Orange Crush for warm colored cars.
    Best of Luck,
    VWR32
    I've had better luck and looks with PB Natty Blue then Zmol Carbon on dark cars IMO. Supernatural is a solid performing wax good product, P21S looks good but does not last if that matters, I've been lucky to get 6 weeks out of it. I've pretty much gone to modern sealants as the look is becomong close to a quality wax for some(BFWD in my case),

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sqweak View Post
    has anyone tried the turtle wax black box.... it says its only for black cars.. trying to get some input... let me know..
    The colored waxes definitely have their place including fillingminro surface scratches/imperfections that otherwise are too deep to eliminate without getting out a spray gun.

but, my absolute favorite for black is

The absolute best ($ for $) IMHO is "Satin Creme" (for dark colors), it is made by BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand, orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paint sealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....

No, your arm will not fall off putting it on or taking it off (if you chooses to do so) & it has a very mild polish in it as well, though I prefer to use Pro's P21/Swirl Eliminator & Polish first. I use this personally on my toys & daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell you are not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water is applied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either- very clean clear deep look.

On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2 years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sits outside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roof and trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protected from the elements including industrial fallout)

IIRR, Satin Creme sells for about $25/qt.

Post Thanks / Like

Can i top this off with PL Sealant, p21s or insulator wax

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234