autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Glass Science FOG CLEAR review

I have bought many products from AG and have been more than pleased with everything I have gotten, so when I seen the new Glass Science Fog clear I was really excited to get this product.(I mean who doesnt want a fog free windshield)?

So when the product arrived I had to try it right away. I read the instructions and began to apply. At first I was surprised at how watery it was. I dont know I was just expecting something thicker. So I apply the fog clear as instructed ( it goes on very easy easy, its just like wiping water onto the glass) and let it dry to a haze. Than I try to buff the haze with a damp paper towel as instructed but it was very difficult and took me at least 35 minutes to get all of the streeks off. I thought, Ok at least its done and I will have a fog free windshield. But that was far from the case. Over the next week I observed my windshield every morning on the way to work (with the cold settleing in here in Kentucky The morning is prime time for fog build up on windshields) And to my dissbelief my glass had heavy fog on it EVERYDAY! So I goahead and apply another application of the fog clear(wasting another 35 min of my life) and still fog continued to form on my glass. Very dissapointing.

Overall I am very unhappy with this product. I am suprized that AG would sell this worthless item. I highly DO NOT recomend this product to ANYONE.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Science FOG CLEAR review

thanks for the review...

i was actually interested in trying some of these "anti-fog" products, but from what i read about them the best thing to do to prevent fog is just a good cleaning with IG and MFWW towels
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, i was actually going to buy that, i wont now

Post Thanks / Like

Applying something to the inside of your winshield has never been a good idea in my opinion and from my experiences. I tried RainX Anti-Fog a few years back and it was the worst thing I ever did. I have never though good of them since.

The best way to control fog in a vehicle is to have clean glass and good use of the HV/AC in your vehicle. With the right HV/AC temp and air flow, you will remain comfortable and the windows will remain fog free. Try to get a temp that is comfortable to you and just keep the air flowing. It doesn't have to be on the hottest setting nor the coolest setting to make fog disapear even in the nastiest of weather.

Also, a tip I leaned, keep the HV/AC on recirculation if possible when raining. You don't want the damp air from outside blown into the interior. That increases the humidity in the vehicle and causes the windows to defog slower.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, there are times when you don't want the hvac recirculating. In fact, the air inside the car will most always be more damp than the air outside simply because we exhale damp air. If it's cold, recirculate to heat quicker, but then turn to outside air to balance the outside air humidity with the inside air humidity and remain fog free.
    07 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed3
    00 Black Mustang GT - Spring Ed. (for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_detail View Post
    I have bought many products from AG and have been more than pleased with everything I have gotten, so when I seen the new Glass Science Fog clear I was really excited to get this product.(I mean who doesnt want a fog free windshield)?

So when the product arrived I had to try it right away. I read the instructions and began to apply. At first I was surprised at how watery it was. I dont know I was just expecting something thicker. So I apply the fog clear as instructed ( it goes on very easy easy, its just like wiping water onto the glass) and let it dry to a haze. Than I try to buff the haze with a damp paper towel as instructed but it was very difficult and took me at least 35 minutes to get all of the streeks off. I thought, Ok at least its done and I will have a fog free windshield. But that was far from the case. Over the next week I observed my windshield every morning on the way to work (with the cold settleing in here in Kentucky The morning is prime time for fog build up on windshields) And to my dissbelief my glass had heavy fog on it EVERYDAY! So I goahead and apply another application of the fog clear(wasting another 35 min of my life) and still fog continued to form on my glass. Very dissapointing.

Overall I am very unhappy with this product. I am suprized that AG would sell this worthless item. I highly DO NOT recomend this product to ANYONE.
    Hi there. I contacted the manufacturer of Glass Science and they offered the following response. I do have to add that we have made adjustments to our website copy to more accurately describe the function of this product. The word prevents has been replaced with eliminates. Just send me a PM or an email to dwayne@palmbeachmotoring.net with your invoice number so that I can pull up your order if you require further assistance.

Hello Dwayne,

It appears that there is a misunderstanding regarding the intentions/functionality of the product and possibly the characteristics of interior fogging. Starting with the name, FOG CLEAR (not FOG FREE), the product is claimed to “eliminate & prevent interior fogging and steaming…instantly.” In other words, the product CLEARS FOG and should be used as and when fogging occurs; i.e., when moisture is present to the extent that it interferes with visibility and exceeds the capacity of the ventilation/defrosting system. Under such conditions, FOG CLEAR will perform as claimed, and will maintain a fog clear condition for the duration of that trip. It is not a permanent or semi-permanent coating and is designed to be used as needed, on a regular basis.

For your information and guidance, interior fogging of windshields only occurs when the disparity in temperature and humidity between inside and outside the windshield (surface) exceeds the capacity of the glass to disperse the moisture. The unique chemistry of FOG CLEAR is such that it applies an invisible (monomolecular) layer of water-absorbing molecules that prevent condensation on the surface. Once these molecules are saturated and the temperature is raised/equalized, they simply evaporate and the glass is returned to its pre-treated state. The molecules are also 100% water soluble, and can easily be removed by sprinkling the surface with water and wiping up with a paper towel until dry.

Having said and explained all of that, it appears – from your customer’s experience and comments – that our labeling for this product leaves something to be desired. We will certainly retain his comments and consider them when next reviewing this product label.

As always, please do not hesitate to call me should you have any questions or comments.

With best wishes,

Howard

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice of the manufacturer to take time to address this for us, thank you. As Dwayne said if you have further questions please feel free to call us and we can further assist you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
    FYI, there are times when you don't want the hvac recirculating. In fact, the air inside the car will most always be more damp than the air outside simply because we exhale damp air. If it's cold, recirculate to heat quicker, but then turn to outside air to balance the outside air humidity with the inside air humidity and remain fog free.
    It would be best to crack the windows instead of switching to outside air (and leaving it there) when possible. Using outside air forces the HVAC system to work overtime trying to cool/heat the outside incoming air. Recirculating the air (in time) requires less work from your HVAC system prolonging expensive component replacement (mainly compressor).
    Thanks for the review drastic_detail I have never believed in anti-fog products cause I have yet to hear of one actually working.

Post Thanks / Like

So do you wipe it on while you are driving if the fog appears once you are on the road?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    So do you wipe it on while you are driving if the fog appears once you are on the road?
    No! That would be dangerous and not recommended. Wipe on prior to driving to prevent fog from appearing while you are driving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast