autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2023/2024 New Products

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think product wise, the detailing industry has plateaued. None of this stuff is exciting or really needed anymore. They’re running out of ideas. Hydrophobic glass cleaner? Really? That’s not innovative…

I heard Chemical Guys didn’t even have a display booth at this years Sema. It’s quite telling when Chemical Guys runs out of new products to sell their customers.

A place where I think there's a ton of room, and has been for quite some time, is product transparency.

Bilt Hamber just released a simple glass cleaner, but the video they provided was something I'm not used to in the detailing world. They gave great insights into the chemistry and testing methodologies. Most companies these days are like "here's a 5+ year coating! Just trust us!".

As far as areas where there could be actual product improvements:

1) Powerful iron reacting chemicals without the smell. If this could be accomplished I think we'd see more "wheel specific" soaps as well. I know there's IronX Snow Soap, but for the amount of cleaning power it provides, it's just not worth the smell
    2) Wishful thinking and maybe the holy grail of products, but a coating that isn't affected by water spotting
    3) With the longevity of ceramic spray sealants nowadays, I think there's space on the market for having more shampoos with greater cleaning power. Not enough CarPro Resets in the world in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post
    As far as areas where there could be actual product improvements:

1) Powerful iron reacting chemicals without the smell. If this could be accomplished I think we'd see more "wheel specific" soaps as well. I know there's IronX Snow Soap, but for the amount of cleaning power it provides, it's just not worth the smell
    Not sure if it made it into this thread, but Stoner Car Care introduced and odorless iron remover and wheel cleaner at this year's SEMA. It also has some similarities to the already existing McKee's 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel, which I wondered about in a thread over on Autopia.

3. Likes 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Not sure if it made it into this thread, but Stoner Car Care introduced and odorless iron remover and wheel cleaner at this year's SEMA. It also has some similarities to the already existing McKee's 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel, which I wondered about in a thread over on Autopia.
    It sounds like you are happy with the McKee's?

Was some cleaning ability or dwell time traded off for getting rid of the odor? I'm also looking to buy some wheel cleaner: I was leaning towards GTechniq W6 since the claimed 5-10 minutes dwell time piqued my interest, but an odorless wheel cleaner would be nice.

Also, the Mckee's is marketed as a wheel cleaner but the Stoner's is also marketed for paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaced View Post
    It sounds like you are happy with the McKee's? Was some cleaning ability or dwell time traded off for getting rid of the odor?

Also, the Mckee's is marketed as a wheel cleaner but the Stoner's is also marketed for paint?
    A few weeks ago I was using the M37 cleaner side by side with the Griot's Heavy Duty. Besides the fact that I hate the cherry urinal cake smell of the Griot's, I thought the McKee's did a better job.

I was struck by a few coincidences between the Stoner and M37 products, they certainly sound similar, even if they aren't actually related. I did buy a bottle of the Stoner's when they had it on SEMA sale for a few dollars off, I probably won't get to try it until next year.

6. Thanks vaced thanked for this post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112