autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW 3D GLW series

You have to wonder if part of the reason Mike P left is he thought he had hooked up with a company with a single solid professional lineup, only to find that the bean counters were busy creating another Chemical Guys/Meguiar’s multi line monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, opie, DUBL0WS6, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    You have to wonder if part of the reason Mike P left is he thought he had hooked up with a company with a single solid professional lineup, only to find that the bean counters were busy creating another Chemical Guys/Meguiar’s multi line monster

I read Tunch sold the company. You’d think he would have known that was the direction prior to Mike joining 3D.

I agree this seems like the wrong direction for 3D. They also started posting updated SDS docs for many products removing a lot of information from them.

When a company starts to become less transparent I start to shop elsewhere.

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    They also started posting updated SDS docs for many products removing a lot of information from them.
    "Engineering the quality out" I'd hope not! Maybe the competition was trying to copy.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    I read Tunch sold the company. You’d think he would have known that was the direction prior to Mike joining 3D.

I agree this seems like the wrong direction for 3D. They also started posting updated SDS docs for many products removing a lot of information from them.

When a company starts to become less transparent I start to shop elsewhere.
    Wow, that's a lot of info and a lot of change

I sure hope the formulas for the core paint correcting products don't change or suddenly get farmed out to some large bottler

8. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a lot of info and a lot of change

I sure hope the formulas for the core paint correcting products don't change or suddenly get farmed out to some large bottler
    Yes the company sold somewhere around the time mike p left. Its unfortunate. I used to buy directly from their website, but since mike left i have not ordered from them. Still have purchased a couple of thier core products that have been around...just from another site.

Hope the products i use dont change anything. Or ill just boycott like ive done with so many other company's.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, i do appriciate that the guz made a review on a product drom the new lineup. Part of me would like to try one of their new products, but im not so much of a fan of having a lineup that has a product for every single aspect of detailing a vehicle. And thats the feeling in getting from the emails i recieved from 3d. As someone else mentioned, it has a chemical guys stench to it. Idk..guess time will tell.

As the saying goes though....dont knock it till ya try it

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This just feels like the new private equity owners are doing a sales and marketing play. It feels cheap and backwards to me. SiO2 Ceramic Interior Detailer? What? Too buzz-wordy for me. When Mike was there it seemed like slow, thoughtful innovation of products where there was a need. 3D wasn't too flashy and their lineup was sorta simple (apart from all those degreasers). The nano-drum line has excellent dilution ratios. This just seems like they made RTU versions of their existing lineup to make you pay for water.

I'm sure the products are fine because their existing products were good. I already use 3D products and added more to my arsenal when Mike joined. But I don't love the direction the company is taking.

14. Likes chilly, Eric7810, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the one on matte tire. The looks is great. Durability is still being tested.

16. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see how Chemical Guys and Meguiars product lines or marketing are similar at all.

Chemical guys markets towards the casual enthusiast and at most the prosumer.

Meguiars has several product lines but they cater to a specific market and aren’t redundant the way Chemical Guys is, i.e. their Mirror Glaze products aren’t redundant to their Ultimate line, the same way the Ultimate line doesn’t replace the Detailer line of products to the people who buy them.

And the Detailer line serves little to no purpose to the people who use the Mirror Glaze products because they’re not body shop safe.

Chemical Guys on the other hand probably sells 6-8 or more different “spray detailers” or “car wash soaps” in 16oz. bottles to the same consumer and they all basically do the same exact thing.

18. Likes chilly, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t see how Chemical Guys and Meguiars product lines or marketing are similar at all.

Chemical guys markets towards the casual enthusiast and at most the prosumer.

Meguiars has several product lines but they cater to a specific market and aren’t redundant the way Chemical Guys is, i.e. their Mirror Glaze products aren’t redundant to their Ultimate line, the same way the Ultimate line doesn’t replace the Detailer line of products to the people who buy them.

And the Detailer line serves little to no purpose to the people who use the Mirror Glaze products because they’re not body shop safe.

Chemical Guys on the other hand probably sells 6-8 or more different “spray detailers” or “car wash soaps” in 16oz. bottles to the same consumer and they all basically do the same exact thing.
    Yeah Meg's is above CG's for sureNEW 3D GLW series

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast