autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

need help uploading pictures

I know I asked this question before, its driving me crazy that I can't do it....at one time I was able to load pictures..this is what I do when I take pictures

I have an android phone
    upload on my phone....upload on my computer
    post a new thread so I can upload
    theres a small icon when i click on it says upload pictures
    a new box opens...i click on choose a file
    my files open...click on the picture i want to upload
    then i click on upload file
    then message pops open....autogeek.net says upload of file failed

well that's my story...

Mike Phillips

Re: need help uploading pictures

You need to resize your images to make the file size smaller. I use Easy Thumbnails and do all of this on my computer.

Also - There cannot be a SPACE in the file name. I point this out because after answering questions on how to make pictures magically appear on a forum for 18+ years now, ONE of the problems I've seen other people have is there is an empty space in a picture file name.

I don't have any problems putting pictures on a forum and I'm completely self-taught. So if I can do it - I think anyone can self-taught themselves.

But the number one problem is people try to upload a picture off their camera or their phone without first resizing it to be a smaller file size.

I have multiple articles on how to do this stuff and Skynet can find all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I posted this on Mike’s Tapatalk thread awhile ago. It’s going to be an easy way for you to upload photos.

Create an account on it and add both the Autogeek and autopia forum since you are on both.

To add an image it’s simple.

Click on the image icon

Then click on the largest image that Tapatalk lets you. In this case the medium size.

Repeat the same process for an additional photo.

Now I have an iPhone but the app should still function the same.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

As a person that shares a LOT of pictures in the forum world using the best way, which is to upload pictures to a gallery so the pictures have an actual cyber home with an actual cyber address, I completely understand that the majority of people don't know how to do this and don't have the patience or wherewithal to figure it out.

So with that said, here's the easy way, simply get the TapaTalk App on your phone. Links below for the type of phone you have.

Link for TapaTalk for iPhone

Link for TapaTalk from Google Play

I don't have a tutorial on how to then use the App but I figure it out and if I can do it - most of you should be able to look at the interface and with a little experimenting - figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do this from a PC, then upload your photos to the PC.

This is super easy to do on a PC.

Go to paint and you are going to edit your photos to shrink their size. I would recommend you crop out the stuff you don’t need before you size them down.

On paint go to Edit > Resize.

You should see this pop up. Click on Pixels and you are going to change to change the largest number to 800. In this case Horizontal. It will automatically resize vertical.

I recommend renaming your image so you don’t save over your original image.

Now go to your gallery page

Click on My Albums

Click on Create a New Album

Then you are going to put all your information on your album name and click Create a New Album.

I normally just fill out Album Name

Once you create your Albume you can now click on upload photos.

And then just click Choose File and Click on Upload/Submit at the bottom of the page to upload your resized images.

And depending on how many images you have it will upload each one.

From there you can select the Linked Image and copy that. You will then go to your thread and on the post select the Linked Image text.

I only keep the [img] path and delete the rest as it’s not needed and put junk text that’s not needed.

Then click Submit Reply and you are done.

Now this sounds complicated but it’s easy once you get going. I gave you a step by step to follow that works every time.

7. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you want to do this from a PC, then upload your photos to the PC.

This is super easy to do on a PC.

Go to paint and you are going to edit your photos to shrink their size. I would recommend you crop out the stuff you don’t need before you size them down.

On paint go to Edit > Resize.

You should see this pop up. Click on Pixels and you are going to change to change the largest number to 800. In this case Horizontal. It will automatically resize vertical.

I recommend renaming your image so you don’t save over your original image.

Now go to your gallery page

Click on My Albums

Click on Create a New Album

Then you are going to put all your information on your album name and click Create a New Album.

I normally just fill out Album Name

Once you create your Albume you can now click on upload photos.

And then just click Choose File and Click on Upload/Submit at the bottom of the page to upload your resized images.

And depending on how many images you have it will upload each one.

From there you can select the Linked Image and copy that. You will then go to your thread and on the post select the Linked Image text.

I only keep the [img] path and delete the rest as it’s not needed and put junk text that’s not needed.

Then click Submit Reply and you are done.

Now this sounds complicated but it’s easy once you get going. I gave you a step by step to follow that works every time.
    Thanks Guz and Mike...really appreciate it....LOL if I can't upload pictures now....I will take up a different hobby...LOl I would try now but its happy hour in our home...Its 5"oclock some wear

Post Thanks / Like

Will Google Play work on MacBook Pro?