autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW!! Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax!

i will say this wax looks interesting. I am having trouble pulling the triger for a few reasons. The biggest one is thisis a new offering that is like nothing else AG sells, its an atempt at the 'luxery" wax market. Other waxes I have tried from AG have no overly impressed me, however having said that I know this is a new product and should be judged accordiingly...

Killer you mentioned people judging it before they try it.. welcome to the world of high end waxes... the same is doen to SV, Zymol, heck even VW (which to mean is not that expensive). This wax is no diffrent, it must prove it is worth its salt first, and even then it will have those who bash it because of the price...

Scott you also mentioned to someone to save there money on titanium, carbon and onxy i think. I am going to have to respectully disagree (as i always do lol) and say that a person needs to try it to see if they like it. I understand that this is an AG forum and as such selling AG products is one of its purposes. You also mentioned that each person has a diffrent opion on every wax.. well these are no diffrent... now im not trying to go well you said this then this because i know you did not mean (nor did you really create) a double standard im simly just pointing out another way to look at things...

so now that i have gone super far off topic...

this wax looks interesting, im on the fence right now. Perhaps when there is another 15%off sale I will jump... buit we will see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dengood1 View Post
    Both are types of Carnuaba wax, both from different vendors.
    lol.i should have clarified.what brands are they?im assumeing SSII is pinnacles signature series 2.but Lusso i cant figure out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94LT1 View Post
    lol.i should have clarified.what brands are they?im assumeing SSII is pinnacles signature series 2.but Lusso i cant figure out.
    lusso is the product line.. the actual wax is call oro... they also have a cleansing lotion and soap.. all the stuff can be found at detailers domain

I have tried luso oro and found it very similar to soveran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail View Post
    lusso is the product line.. the actual wax is call oro... they also have a cleansing lotion and soap.. all the stuff can be found at detailers domain

I have tried luso oro and found it very similar to soveran
    Now does it last longer then souveran?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94LT1 View Post
    Now does it last longer then souveran?
    some have said it does, i didnt notive alot more.. maybe a week longer... i know others have said it lasts way longer... i dunno i have only used it twice so im no expert on it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    One could argue that even $10-ish Collinite makes big dollar offerings overpriced as it is very possible majority of people would not be able to distinguish with 100% confidence $10 wax from $20,000 wax on their car.

IMHO what higher priced waxes offer is a "placebo effect", psychological component of feeling "special". Just like a high priced handbag is not neccessarily any better than cheaper one, or just like a high priced car is not neccessarily better performing than cheaper one, people buy them because it is an object of desire cleverly marketed to make people feel better about themselves when they acquire it.

Would I personally buy one? No. But I don't buy overpriced pieces of clothing or overpriced cars either. Would others do it? Sure. Whatever makes them happy, it is their money so it is their call what to blow it on, whether it be overpriced wax, or overpriced house, or overpriced clothing, or overpriced car.
    But the cheaper waxes don't have that cool wooden box.
    Brian

'99 Lapis Blue Boxster
    '79 Dark Grey 928 Euro

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    Please let it be noted it is not Fuzion I was talking about when I was talking about big dollar offerings as I do not consider Fuzion's price a "big dollar". Yes, for regular income person that is not small money either, but in the world of enthusiasts price of under $3 per application (I am making emphasis on "per application" so we keep apples to apples in mind) is still considered "almost budget category" and there is a number of products in same price ballpark doing quite well. Is it for everybody? No, it is not for everybody. But it is not a "big dollar". You will recognize "big dollars" I had in mind when I was speaking on the spot when you see them, trust me.
    Sorry, for my misunderstanding. I wasn't trying to upset anyone.
    Brian

'99 Lapis Blue Boxster
    '79 Dark Grey 928 Euro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    As a certified "bubba" I tend to get a little heavy handed applying wax, tightening bolts,etc. So I need extremely user friendly stuff. That said, I have tried Souveran - I liked it, doesn't last but a couple weeks, but it's easy to use. I've heard really great stuff about Lusso - mainly that it looks like Souveran but lasts longer. Question for Killer - can liquid Souveran be Polycharged? And Zymol and Swissvax are mediocre? Really? I only knew one guy that uses them - course he buys the $$$$ ones too. Interesting
    LS can be polycharged. 2 dose of ch2 per oz. Tks for the reminder. I have been wanting to try this out.

Post Thanks / Like

isn't polycharging only works with polymer based wax? I may be wrong but I think LS is nuba based so it would not work...

again, I may be wrong

Post Thanks / Like

i think ls is polymerr based

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast