autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meghan, Please keep Wolfgang on sale for another week... I'll be placing my order on Monday(Foam gun soap, SSR's, and some Wolfgang products, as always will end up around $200). I really hate to pay for shipping twice, I'd rather pay for an extra bottle of Wolfgang leather conditioner.

Thank you very much!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Meghan, Please keep Wolfgang on sale for another week... I'll be placing my order on Monday(Foam gun soap, SSR's, and some Wolfgang products, as always will end up around $200). I really hate to pay for shipping twice, I'd rather pay for an extra bottle of Wolfgang leather conditioner.

Thank you very much!
    Meghans going to be on vacation next week ... you might wanna send a little card to Max or Jason

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Meghan doesn't go on vacation till the 22nd, but thanks Killer for trying to get rid of me!! And supercharge, no worries WG has another week to be on sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay first post! This soap ultra cool, just wondering since each bottle is 32 oz, and you use 2 oz / each heavy foam bath, would it be alright to cut it with 1 oz of another soap so you use 1 oz of the Ultra Foam? Also, would you recommend putting in other waterless washes or Pre Treatments (Poorboy's Bug Squash)?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    First post - Went looking for a foam gun and was frustrated at the possibility of having to go to the ends of the earth to order from a garden supply place, etc.... Super excited to find one here. Thanks for making a great product easily available.

Post Thanks / Like
    im one of those people who hasnt felt the need to get a foam gun...anybody have a short to show how it works? a bucket and towel works great for me, can someone try to prove me wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, to me it's the same difference as using a hammer or a nailgun. Both will get the job done. The hammer requires more energy and isn't as effecient. The nailgun can lay down more nails in a shorter period of time AND set the nailheads below the surface much more effeciently.

The bucket and towel will get the car washed just fine. However, it will take more energy to lay down the same amount of foam. The foam gun will lay down more foam faster and more effeciently. More foam between the wash media and the paint means reduced swirls.

It's not about whether you need the foam gun to effectively wash a car...it's more about how it makes it easier to wash your car faster and safely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    im one of those people who hasnt felt the need to get a foam gun...anybody have a short to show how it works? a bucket and towel works great for me, can someone try to prove me wrong?
    I kinda thought it was a gimmic also, but I would NOT give it away. I though have tailored my gun with a Dramm Shutoff, and several quick releases so I can go from foam gun, to nozzles, to my pressure cleaner with ease.

I find the presoak is the best feature. Allowing the car to be hit with soap first, allows the ability for contaminents to wash down and away prior to hitting them with a towel/rag/mitt.

I then come back and respray my mitt and each panel prior to washing. I still keep one bucket of clean water and rinse my mitt after each panel. I then empty bucket and refill at the 1/2 way point.

I will say the foam gun helps to get soap in every nock and cranny. So easy to soap the wheelwells and exhaust. It truly is one of a number of great items in detailing.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered my foam gun. Cant wait to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff is great. It's got the lube of Pinnacle soap and the sudding action of Poorboy's soap. I think I found a new favorite for my gun. Great product!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast