autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Yes!! Just got my notice that CMX shipped!!

I'm testing Meg's CW now and it's been good, it works perfect for how I wash my cars and is doing great in this random SoCal rain. It's great on the windows and trim as well. When I did my first wash after it was applied about a week or so later it didn't bead as aggressively as I would have hoped but it could have been an application reason because I don't use pressure to activate it so I'm ok worth the results it's giving me with how it's doing. Also for those that might not be aware Meg's does have a darkening effect on the paint.

Here's a 50/50 from when I was applying it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dharris894 View Post
    How do folks think this will compare to the new Megs Ceramic coating that just came out recently?

I've ordered both and was thinking of doing most of the car with Mothers but do the hood half & half to see how much of a difference there is.

Or is the thinking that CMX is superior?
    I would do a complete 50/50 with the car to get the best judgement overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Yes!! Just got my notice that CMX shipped!!

I'm testing Meg's CW now and it's been good, it works perfect for how I wash my cars and is doing great in this random SoCal rain. It's great on the windows and trim as well. When I did my first wash after it was applied about a week or so later it didn't bead as aggressively as I would have hoped but it could have been an application reason because I don't use pressure to activate it so I'm ok worth the results it's giving me with how it's doing. Also for those that might not be aware Meg's does have a darkening effect on the paint.

Here's a 50/50 from when I was applying it.

Finally someone does it! That’s what I’m talking about. All the hype people give some products and they can’t even produce a visual difference... Looks like the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax actually does.

Thanks Cruz.Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATINGMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

5. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With it's price, able to buy locally, what sounds like ease of application 6 months would be great. I mean if we look at rippys extensive testing he's done there are a lot of sealants that are very durable but most have to be ordered cost quite a bit more and have to sit and dwell rather then spray and wipe.

For me it would have to last longer than that for me to even consider using it long term. Sure it has the ease of use and has the "coating" buzz word which would be an attractive buzz word for a client.

By the way some folks have found Meguiar's Fast Finish for $5 locally and for me that made it close to 6 months when I tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

If it's performance is equal (in more than just durability) to it's competitors, i.e. CanCoat, Adams, or even Sonax PNS, it has easily won on price. CanCoat is $54 for 7oz, Sonax PNS is $30 for 11oz, and the Adams is $70 for 16oz, but the Mothers is $22 for 24oz. That's a big winner in my eyes...but it must perform at or better levels to those products I have already mentioned.

At $22 for a bottle the Mothers product is inexpensive enough I'd be much more willing to give it a test...if I wasn't stuck in the ice age right now. Best case it becomes my new LSP for my smaller vehicle, worst case I hate it and toss it while loosing very little money. Somewhere in the middle it becomes a replacement for Cure or I use it as an LSP for my relatives cars.
    And I will slightly disagree with you. I am not interested in the Adams coating but from the videos I have been seeing it is not as durable as they claim based on the so called torture tests. Now real world may be a bit different but these torture tests are eye opening to say the least. So this Mother's product would be great if it proved to be more durable than the Adams spray coating.

As I mentioned someone's clients will see and hear the "coating" or "ceramic" buzzword and be interested in this product. The added benefit is it can be purchased locally. But if this spray coating shows to be an under performer then we all know it tends to be forgotten and ends up in limbo. But for now those average joe's will see those buzz words and buy it without really caring as they don't delve into the detailing thing like us on the forums. So for them durability is null and void. It comes down to the user experience at that point.

I will also add this. From personal experience CanCoat has lasted up to 15 months for me. I am still on my original bottle and have applied it 4 vehicles and their is still roughly 1/4 of the bottle to apply another few coats. So for me CanCoat has set the bar and Mothers needs to bring it. From the talks and claims it sure sounds like a good product. I am also not concerned about the price of CanCoat as there is often a sale of some sort which brings it's price down especially considering how well it has performed for me.

7. Likes SWETM, TTQ B4U, ShineMGood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I will also add this. From personal experience CanCoat has lasted up to 15 months for me. I am still on my original bottle and have applied it 4 vehicles and their is still roughly 1/4 of the bottle to apply another few coats. So for me CanCoat has set the bar and Mothers needs to bring it. From the talks and claims it sure sounds like a good product. I am also not concerned about the price of CanCoat as there is often a sale of some sort which brings it's price down especially considering how well it has performed for me.
    I would think CanCoat is the standard against which all of these new 'spray coatings' and 'ceramic whatsoevers' should be measured. It's interesting that when watching or reading the demos/intros for the recent influx of products in this class, often somewhere it mentions "An Industry First..." or "Revolutionary new..." and all I can think is "CanCoat been doing this stuff for a quite a while now..."

In the last few days I've seen some user thoughts on the Megs Wax, which seem to be 50-50 on 'good or not' and now the Adam's coating takes a bit of a hit...next up is Mother's I'd guess.

Sure would be nice to get a hold of CanCoat Pro...

9. Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I would think CanCoat is the standard against which all of these new 'spray coatings' and 'ceramic whatsoevers' should be measured. It's interesting that when watching or reading the demos/intros for the recent influx of products in this class, often somewhere it mentions "An Industry First..." or "Revolutionary new..." and all I can think is "CanCoat been doing this stuff for a quite a while now..."

In the last few days I've seen some user thoughts on the Megs Wax, which seem to be 50-50 on 'good or not' and now the Adam's coating takes a bit of a hit...next up is Mother's I'd guess.

Came here to say the exact same thing. IMO CanCoat is the best in the category. I'm personally have purchased and am looking to test all these out like I am mainly as a replacement that might sit just below it to replace standard sealants and or to compete with CanCoat but with an even easier application method.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

And I will slightly disagree with you. I am not interested in the Adams coating but from the videos I have been seeing it is not as durable as they claim based on the so called torture tests. Now real world may be a bit different but these torture tests are eye opening to say the least. So this Mother's product would be great if it proved to be more durable than the Adams spray coating.

As I mentioned someone's clients will see and hear the "coating" or "ceramic" buzzword and be interested in this product. The added benefit is it can be purchased locally. But if this spray coating shows to be an under performer then we all know it tends to be forgotten and ends up in limbo. But for now those average joe's will see those buzz words and buy it without really caring as they don't delve into the detailing thing like us on the forums. So for them durability is null and void. It comes down to the user experience at that point.

Valid points. I just saw the comments elsewhere about the Adams not holding up real well.

I'll be curious to see how well CanCoat holds up on my vehicles. We're in the midst of one of the worst winter's we've seen in years and I haven't been able to wash our vehicles since some point in November because of the cold temps. Both vehicles are filthy and completely encased in salt. If I can get nine months in our conditions I'd be happy.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have used cancoat and would love to get 15 months out of it, my issue is the clients and how the sometimes always go back to the automatic wash. if Cancoat would hold up its would be my go to even at its price point. I have a bit left that I might try to use on a car coming in this weekend and put it on as a free upgrade just so I can see how it holds up.

I'm really just trying to find a 1 year "coating" protection that's more affordable then an actual coating

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Sure would be nice to have access to CanCoat Pro. The videos I’ve seen show the same application process so it can’t be that hard to use. Maybe get rid of One and tweak CanCoat at the consumer level to be that 1 year coating.

I sure hope Mothers pulls this one off. Rooting for them on having success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Came here to say the exact same thing. IMO CanCoat is the best in the category. I'm personally have purchased and am looking to test all these out like I am mainly as a replacement that might sit just below it to replace standard sealants and or to compete with CanCoat but with an even easier application method.
    Curious as to what your application method is with CanCoat?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Valid points. I just saw the comments elsewhere about the Adams not holding up real well.

I'll be curious to see how well CanCoat holds up on my vehicles. We're in the midst of one of the worst winter's we've seen in years and I haven't been able to wash our vehicles since some point in November because of the cold temps. Both vehicles are filthy and completely encased in salt. If I can get nine months in our conditions I'd be happy.
    Those of you who have the harsher elements deal with some harsh conditions and if CanCoat struggles I can just imagine a regular coating.

Out here in Southern California we deal more with high UV without the harsh weather. UV takes its toll on an LSP.

I have used cancoat and would love to get 15 months out of it, my issue is the clients and how the sometimes always go back to the automatic wash. if Cancoat would hold up its would be my go to even at its price point. I have a bit left that I might try to use on a car coming in this weekend and put it on as a free upgrade just so I can see how it holds up.

I'm really just trying to find a 1 year "coating" protection that's more affordable then an actual coating
    Well at that point it’s on your clients for not following your directions on how to properly wash. I just think many LSPs are going to have issues with constant visits to the automatic car wash.

I would have no issue offering CanCoat as a 1 year coating. Or even something like CarPro Gliss for that matter.

Time will tell with Mothers CMX.

16. Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered moonlight for my trim. Maybe do a half and half on the hood with cancoat. I don’t plan on buying the Adam’s but if I do maybe I’ll try all three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast