autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Well RIP Adams spray coating, can coat, reloadtype products Mother’s is bout to curb stomp the litecoating and spray Sio2 market

Maybe those products will be in outlet store!��
    Lotsa labels say lotsa things but in the end, only time will tell.

While I don't see it taking over current, proven items I do wonder/think it could create a whole new opportunity for a guy who comes into the auto parts store each Spring to get his tin of Mothers Wax, grabs this instead, uses it and decides "Well that certainly is nicely different."

Interesting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Lotsa labels say lotsa things but in the end, only time will tell.

While I don't see it taking over current, proven items I do wonder/think it could create a whole new opportunity for a guy who comes into the auto parts store each Spring to get his tin of Mothers Wax, grabs this instead, uses it and decides "Well that certainly is nicely different."

Interesting to watch.
    I’m very interested watching the coating-lite category expand.

I still have to have another go at applying CQUK 3.0, but something tells me if I picked up gyeon primer polish and can coat, I’d be pretty satisfied with that style of coating-lite

Living in MD, I just see such wildly varying weather throughout the seasons. So if I was to theoretically just hit my car with the primer polish and apply cancoat in the spring when it’s warm enough and then going in to winter.. that seems to make sense. It just gets so disgusting here that I can’t imagine coming out of the winter without needing at least a light polish, or heavy degradation of whatever is on the car.

Products like TAC systems moonlight, cancoat, Adams spray coating, IGL premier, this new mother’s coating, they all really appeal to me from a practicality stand point. Given the price point of some of them, I doubt it would even matter investing in a dedicated primer product so long as you get a good prep wipe in before applying.

Maybe this new mother’s product won’t be a game changer, but even if you could expect something realistic like 6-8 months out of it.. that’s pretty good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Well RIP Adams spray coating, can coat, reloadtype products Mother’s is bout to curb stomp the litecoating and spray Sio2 market

Maybe those products will be in outlet store!��
    Dang dude. You are hyping this like beadmaker lol. Give it time to see how it performs.

I will check locally this week as I am not far from Hunting Beach headquarters.

5. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’m very interested watching the coating-lite category expand.

I still have to have another go at applying CQUK 3.0, but something tells me if I picked up gyeon primer polish and can coat, I’d be pretty satisfied with that style of coating-lite

Living in MD, I just see such wildly varying weather throughout the seasons. So if I was to theoretically just hit my car with the primer polish and apply cancoat in the spring when it’s warm enough and then going in to winter.. that seems to make sense. It just gets so disgusting here that I can’t imagine coming out of the winter without needing at least a light polish, or heavy degradation of whatever is on the car.

Products like TAC systems moonlight, cancoat, Adams spray coating, IGL premier, this new mother’s coating, they all really appeal to me from a practicality stand point. Given the price point of some of them, I doubt it would even matter investing in a dedicated primer product so long as you get a good prep wipe in before applying.

Maybe this new mother’s product won’t be a game changer, but even if you could expect something realistic like 6-8 months out of it.. that’s pretty good imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it gets 6 months to be that's a winner

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. Likes Finick liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

How do folks think this will compare to the new Megs Ceramic coating that just came out recently?

I've ordered both and was thinking of doing most of the car with Mothers but do the hood half & half to see how much of a difference there is.

Or is the thinking that CMX is superior?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

It would have to do better than 6 months to be a winner. Most sealants can do 6 months with their eyes closed.

It would have to get at least a year to be a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Dang dude. You are hyping this like beadmaker lol. Give it time to see how it performs.

I will check locally this week as I am not far from Hunting Beach headquarters.
    I already quit my day job.

11. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have to do better than 6 months to be a winner. Most sealants can do 6 months with their eyes closed.

With it's price, able to buy locally, what sounds like ease of application 6 months would be great. I mean if we look at rippys extensive testing he's done there are a lot of sealants that are very durable but most have to be ordered cost quite a bit more and have to sit and dwell rather then spray and wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Available
    on-line
    feb 2 delivery date here...

50`s Monday and Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

If it's performance is equal (in more than just durability) to it's competitors, i.e. CanCoat, Adams, or even Sonax PNS, it has easily won on price. CanCoat is $54 for 7oz, Sonax PNS is $30 for 11oz, and the Adams is $70 for 16oz, but the Mothers is $22 for 24oz. That's a big winner in my eyes...but it must perform at or better levels to those products I have already mentioned.

At $22 for a bottle the Mothers product is inexpensive enough I'd be much more willing to give it a test...if I wasn't stuck in the ice age right now. Best case it becomes my new LSP for my smaller vehicle, worst case I hate it and toss it while loosing very little money. Somewhere in the middle it becomes a replacement for Cure or I use it as an LSP for my relatives cars.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast